Zareba Pro Series

Help Support CattleToday:

MudHog

Reaction score
Well 6 days out of Warranty and Zareba tells me unless I have my receipt, they cannot help me. Based on the serial number (EC141206TN00699) the unit was built 12/6/14 which is the 141206 numbers at the beginning. Looks like I'll be opening the case to see if I can troubleshoot the problem. Charger output with no fence is only 500 volts, so I'm going to start with checking the transformer first.

This is a Pro Series 100 mile unit that is only a year to year and a half old based on purchase date. Being I don't think I still have the receipt, they go off the MFG date.

Anybody ever worked on fence charges before?

Yep got dozen screwed up ones. I just bite the bullet and buy new one.

If you keep your receipts from the business you may still have it filed away with your tax papers.

Repair complete.

20161214_195726_zpsqwyndhxo.jpg

I did the same thing Mudhog......searched online for fixit possibilities. Not good with electronics testing so it was either purchase the 3 electronic parts or just buy another charger. Bought another charger. Theres only Gallager and Zareba available over here and both are about the same.

I've had bad luck with both of them as well... Gallager is really expensive and not better quality than anything else out there.. On my Zareba the solder joint from the capacitor to the board burnt off, so I resoldered it and it happened again.. the worst part is the unreliability of it.. you hear it ticking but it's not putting any power out so you spend time screwing with other stuff

99% of the time it's lightning or moisture in the box.
Pretty simple design but no real way to fuse it against lightning and short of keeping them indoors moisture is always an issue

This one was lightning. I did find a lightning protector box that can be reset, but I need to read up on it some more.

Zareba is made by a rat trap company nowadays. Woodstream Company. They also make Victor rat traps.
One of the reasons so many of the fence chargers seem to be alike is that only a few companies make most of the brands.
Woodstream:

Trutest group makes these brands:

In addition, Gallagher bought a 1/4 interest in Trutest a few years ago. Trutest is a New Zealand company.

Nesikep":1rwqc9fm said:
I've had bad luck with both of them as well... Gallager is really expensive and not better quality than anything else out there.. On my Zareba the solder joint from the capacitor to the board burnt off, so I resoldered it and it happened again.. the worst part is the unreliability of it.. you hear it ticking but it's not putting any power out so you spend time screwing with other stuff

http://www.patriotchargers.com/fencealert.htm
I have one of these on the fence. Lets me know immediately if fence is hot or not. Really nice on the pasture away from home. I can drive by after a storm and see if fence is hot without having to stop.

A company that is so stingy about their warranty isn't one i want to do business with...

On the other hand, my southbend clutch, which has a 1 year warranty was replaced FREE after 5 years with no questions asked, I sent a picture of the failure and they said "What's your address?" THAT is customer service

buy a tru test brand.

i bought a zabrea when my tru test went out for a quick fix.

The entire cow herd was out!!!

That thing was JUNK.. I rushed a new tru test here and not 1 has got out since.. SAME JOULE RATINGS. I can grab that zabrea one and barely feel it. the tru test will knock you back.

Latest posts