• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Zareba fencing products

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
19,834
Reaction score
58
Location
Free Rent ,VA
If you use it tractor supply is getting rid of them as a vendor and using a different company so all zareba products are 50% off go quick or some a.h like me will buy all the big chargers and medium duty chargers
 

dun

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
47,334
Reaction score
1
Location
MO Ozarks
My concern is they'll replace zareba with something even junkier
 

Caustic Burno

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
26,121
Reaction score
531
Location
Big Thicket East Texas
skyhightree1":zgf02i35 said:
If you use it tractor supply is getting rid of them as a vendor and using a different company so all zareba products are 50% off go quick or some a.h like me will buy all the big chargers and medium duty chargers
They are crap fencers Sky.
You couldn't give me one I started out using them and quickly learned that I
Needed something else
 

ddd75

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 19, 2015
Messages
2,433
Reaction score
0
Location
KY
i bought one when my tru test went out until a new one came.

i think i should of just put up a fence of baling twine and tobacco sticks instead of using that thing.



thanks for the lookout though.. can probably resell them and make some money like you said. :banana:
 
OP
skyhightree1

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
19,834
Reaction score
58
Location
Free Rent ,VA
dun":3bidxd7j said:
My concern is they'll replace zareba with something even junkier

Supposed to be some company like American fence products I forgot exactly the company

Caustic Burno":3bidxd7j said:
skyhightree1":3bidxd7j said:
If you use it tractor supply is getting rid of them as a vendor and using a different company so all zareba products are 50% off go quick or some a.h like me will buy all the big chargers and medium duty chargers
They are crap fencers Sky.
You couldn't give me one I started out using them and quickly learned that I
Needed something else

I never had zareba I only have parmaks but I hear some love some hate my friend who rarely uses his had to send his back to factory not a year old but I bought them to resell.

ddd75":3bidxd7j said:
i bought one when my tru test went out until a new one came.

i think i should of just put up a fence of baling twine and tobacco sticks instead of using that thing.



thanks for the lookout though.. can probably resell them and make some money like you said. :banana:


Lmao baling twine

tom4018":3bidxd7j said:
I got one of the chargers been going over 15 years.

Dag out of curiosity is it solar or plug in?
 

dun

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
47,334
Reaction score
1
Location
MO Ozarks
A neighbor buys 2 or 3 each year to replace the ones he bought the year before. Doesn;t understand how my chargers last 10-15 years without problems. I keep telling him Parmak and Gallagher but he says they cost too much
 

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
3,923
Reaction score
22
Location
Kentucky
skyhightree1":ryozj1wq said:
dun":ryozj1wq said:
My concern is they'll replace zareba with something even junkier

Supposed to be some company like American fence products I forgot exactly the company

Caustic Burno":ryozj1wq said:
skyhightree1":ryozj1wq said:
If you use it tractor supply is getting rid of them as a vendor and using a different company so all zareba products are 50% off go quick or some a.h like me will buy all the big chargers and medium duty chargers
They are crap fencers Sky.
You couldn't give me one I started out using them and quickly learned that I
Needed something else

I never had zareba I only have parmaks but I hear some love some hate my friend who rarely uses his had to send his back to factory not a year old but I bought them to resell.

ddd75":ryozj1wq said:
i bought one when my tru test went out until a new one came.

i think i should of just put up a fence of baling twine and tobacco sticks instead of using that thing.



thanks for the lookout though.. can probably resell them and make some money like you said. :banana:


Lmao baling twine

tom4018":ryozj1wq said:
I got one of the chargers been going over 15 years.

Dag out of curiosity is it solar or plug in?

It is a plug in 100 mile box, bought at Southern States. Neighbor has been buying a bigger box they make and like it. Mine is really hot, had to quit using it last week and go to a battery box for a while due to tearing down an old house that fed power to the barn, battery box is not near as hot.
 

farmguy

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
370
Reaction score
3
Location
Minnesota
I use Zareba fencers from Fleet farm, 200 mile. Why are the others better? I see there is a fencer called white lightening from Koehn, any opinions. So which is the best and give experience if you could. I use two fencers but this year my insurance company made me move my fencer outside, protected box, digging, etc. cost me $500 plus to do one so if I could not need to use two fencers and save the cost of an other installation that would be great. Thanks farmguy
 

Caustic Burno

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
26,121
Reaction score
531
Location
Big Thicket East Texas
dun":3ukgdn4b said:
A neighbor buys 2 or 3 each year to replace the ones he bought the year before. Doesn;t understand how my chargers last 10-15 years without problems. I keep telling him Parmak and Gallagher but he says they cost too much
Parmak are the only thing here got a couple that nearly twenty years old the other two are ten.
 

JW IN VA

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
6
Location
West Central Highlands of Va
dun":3pj9fby7 said:
A neighbor buys 2 or 3 each year to replace the ones he bought the year before. Dosen;t understand how my chargers last 10-15 years without problems. I keep telling him Parmak and Gallagher but he says they cost too much


Right. Some folks don't have a choice but when I can,I buy quality.
 

greybeard

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Messages
19,388
Reaction score
144
Location
Cleveland Tx
skyhightree1":1vv9ux99 said:
Replacing with American farm works
IOW, they will be replacing Zareba with the same thing as Zareba.

ZarebaSystems is the largest and most comprehensive electric fence systems manufacturer in North America. ZarebaSystems' expertise in electric fencing goes back to the 1940s.

The company built its reputation on high-quality American-made fence controllers and superior customer support and service.

Zareba expanded its product offering with the 2001 acquisition of North Central Plastics and its Red Snap'r brand products.

As of April 2010, Woodstream Corporation completed its merger with Zareba Systems, Inc. and, as a result, “Zareba Systems” has become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company. In addition, American Farmworks®, Red Snap’r® and Blitzer® joined the Woodstream portfolio of brands which include Fi-Shock®, Victor®, Havahart®, Safer® Brand, Perky-Pet® and Mosquito Magnet® among others.
 
OP
skyhightree1

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
19,834
Reaction score
58
Location
Free Rent ,VA
greybeard":h42t3hyz said:
skyhightree1":h42t3hyz said:
Replacing with American farm works
IOW, they will be replacing Zareba with the same thing as Zareba.

ZarebaSystems is the largest and most comprehensive electric fence systems manufacturer in North America. ZarebaSystems' expertise in electric fencing goes back to the 1940s.

The company built its reputation on high-quality American-made fence controllers and superior customer support and service.

Zareba expanded its product offering with the 2001 acquisition of North Central Plastics and its Red Snap'r brand products.

As of April 2010, Woodstream Corporation completed its merger with Zareba Systems, Inc. and, as a result, “Zareba Systems” has become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company. In addition, American Farmworks®, Red Snap’r® and Blitzer® joined the Woodstream portfolio of brands which include Fi-Shock®, Victor®, Havahart®, Safer® Brand, Perky-Pet® and Mosquito Magnet® among others.

Lol hilarious
 

Nesikep

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
16,150
Reaction score
335
Location
Lillooet, BC, Canada
When a name fails, rebrand it!
When a name succeeds, built it in china and have a ride on the coattails

Anyone know what the previous name of LG electronics was? Or what LG stands for?
 
Top