Z-71

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
The old 2000 Z71 turned over to 300,000 miles today and still running strong.Just got it broke in good. :)

Cal

hooknline":164j98sh said:
I didn't know a Chevy could run that long On one rear end. :cowboy:
Could be i've just been lucky,Hook.Only thing i've done to the rear end is replace brake pads.

Cal

That's awesome. I buy them new, and drive them till they blow myself. It becomes like a competition.

My dad has a 07 2500 4x4 with 250,000 on it and has never had any kind of problem at all with it worst problem with it is your doing good to get 12 mpg.

Bigfoot":13s4nxr2 said:
That's awesome. I buy them new, and drive them till they blow myself. It becomes like a competition.

Know what ya mean Bigfoot. Aint no way I would consider paying the money on another new one when this one has been free and clear of payments several years ago.Changed the oil today and it don't use a drop between changes.And gets 20mpg on highway miliage.It's a 1/2 ton with the 5.3 vortek.I'm thinking that's a mighty fine little V/8. :)

Here's mine.... snapped a pic yesterday. The other thing I like about them is when its wet you can skip around pretty good for a full size truck.

98_TBird.jpg

I have a 2000 with 210,000 hard miles on it. It ticks like crazy but still runs good. The old 5.3 was a lot more durable and efficient than the new ones. Right now I'm driving (literally) a 2011 with 125,000 and already on 2nd motor. It only gets 13.8 mpg and gets hot if it idles more than 5 minutes. I think chevy got too fancy with the new motors. Brute I think you use your truck just like I do.

what if truck companies gave free samples to farmers etc to test, or just checked with those of us who keep the old stuff instead of buying new?

210,000 on my '03.
Would like to have another but with a 20ft gooseneck....? Maybe not.

I have 261,000 on an 2002. It needs tires and a radiator... Not sure if I should invest that much. Only major problem I had was a transfer case seal.

I have an '07 2500HD 4x4 LB/CC w/175,000 on it. Just oil and tires. I'd put the money into the old one until something big goes bad. If I was making a living hauling with my truck, I'd consider a new one. :2cents:

Latest posts