Your version of a bailout

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wewild

Reaction score
What about it?

Anybody out there helping anybody themselves? We all can't be just letting the govt be doing it for us can we?

Me and my guys have been putting in some long hours lately under some pretty harsh weather conditions. Wet and cold. Been harping to the guys about doing those little things that seperate a good job from an excellent job. I noticed one of those little things that needed touching up and I just pretended not to see it and I secretly watched whether or not someone would step up to the plate to do it without having to be told. I told myself, IF they do it I will reward them. An hour or so later I came back by the area and the little thing was done. Three hours before quiting time, I thanked everyone for their hard work, sent them home with a full week's pay and a bonus to boot. They were pleased with themselves and so was I. (in them)

Had nothing to do with me personally but we have an old lady that picks up cans. She works so hard at it and is always out pilfering through the garbage cans and such. Very polite woman. Gets permission first. Anyhow, I told her I needed some cans and asked her if she'd sell me her two bags for a $50. She took it. A few days later I dumped the cans near the dumpster behind a friends store so she could recollect them.

Cutting back on expenses, trying to put money aside. Just trying to cut corners where I can. Praying my husband does not lose his job this year. Thinking of a refi, although I hate doing that. Got one car paid off. Just saying no to a lot of stuff.

1982vett":2hicnyqu said:
Yep, I paid my 4th quarter 1040 ES payment.

Why? Evidently Timothy Geithner, President Barack Obama's nominee for Treasury secretary, didn't think it was important to pay taxes.

I'm just cutting corners where i can . I will have the direct tv. turned off and going back to antenna, i don't watch it that much anyway.I had my phone service changed to a computer line only, will use my cell phone more. Just trying to save a little here and there, everywhere except my two little dogs, (Koretta an Sweetpea) they will always have a good warm home with the proper meds and food.
I stopped an gave a homeless guy $20.00 the other day.

Outside of family support, church tithes, United Way, and taxes - we have bought groceries for some families a few times. We put two tires on the car of a single mother who is struggling. Bought a battery for another. We have given away some hay.

My wife may have done some other things I am not aware of.

Chris H":3kjt1bwp said:
1982vett":3kjt1bwp said:

Why? Evidently Timothy Geithner, President Barack Obama's nominee for Treasury secretary, didn't think it was important to pay taxes.
I am reminded of what a fellow once said. "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" Taxes are an evil necessity even with foxes guarding the hen house.

By the way Timmy did finally pay them.

Chris H":qy0mv4gx said:
1982vett":qy0mv4gx said:

Thats ironic isn't it? Government is crazy! :nod: Like GW sending soldiers to Iraq when he was hiding behind his dads skirt when it was his turn. People in glass houses.....

1982vett":1rcj1pzy said:
Chris H":1rcj1pzy said:
1982vett":1rcj1pzy said:

I am reminded of what a fellow once said. "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" Taxes are an evil necessity even with foxes guarding the hen house.

But its worth noting that Timmy didn't have to pay one single penalty on his not paying taxes. It must be nice to be connected cause seem I get to pay penalties if I don't dot my i's or cross my t's. But that's just me. I am sure everyone else gets their penalities waived.

Yep, if they came to collect me, I wouldn't get the posh appartment that's for sure.

1982vett":20p6tm0x said:
Yep, if they came to collect me, I wouldn't get the posh appartment that's for sure.

You golden child you! :lol2: I'm pretty sure they would give me a paddle and show me on board the USS H.W Bush and tell me the floggings will cease at 15 knots.

1982vett":38eejgak said:
Chris H":38eejgak said:
1982vett":38eejgak said:

I agree with your first statement. However, it was my understanding the Timmy only paid 2 of the 4 years he owed, and that was only after his nomination.

we have been cutting back where we can.an trying to burn so much gas.there are alot of people strugging to make ends meet out there thats for sure.

Jogeephus":1ppqumd4 said:
Me and my guys have been putting in some long hours lately under some pretty harsh weather conditions. Wet and cold. Been harping to the guys about doing those little things that seperate a good job from an excellent job. I noticed one of those little things that needed touching up and I just pretended not to see it and I secretly watched whether or not someone would step up to the plate to do it without having to be told. I told myself, IF they do it I will reward them. An hour or so later I came back by the area and the little thing was done. Three hours before quiting time, I thanked everyone for their hard work, sent them home with a full week's pay and a bonus to boot. They were pleased with themselves and so was I. (in them)

Had nothing to do with me personally but we have an old lady that picks up cans. She works so hard at it and is always out pilfering through the garbage cans and such. Very polite woman. Gets permission first. Anyhow, I told her I needed some cans and asked her if she'd sell me her two bags for a $50. She took it. A few days later I dumped the cans near the dumpster behind a friends store so she could recollect them.

Can I come down and work for you?

bigbull338":1lzh6b0x said:
we have been cutting back where we can.an trying to burn so much gas.there are alot of people strugging to make ends meet out there thats for sure.

Most of them aren't looking for a hand out either. If there is a way to show them "how to fish", we can best serve them.

In my youth I used to pick up coke bottles. :D

A person can pick up 220 lbs of pecans in a days time. I'm living proof of that. If they are selling for well over $1 a pound, you'll smile. Locally there is a feed store that buys them from individuals who gather them.

I have sold a lot of patio and building stone through the years. You can pick it up the loose stone off of your property and haul it to local yards for whole sale prices. It can be very lucrative. It does not take much stone to make a ton.

backhoeboogie":3qi0azs4 said:
bigbull338":3qi0azs4 said:

Most of them aren't looking for a hand out either. If there is a way to show them "how to fish", we can best serve them.

In my youth I used to pick up coke bottles. :D

A person can pick up 220 lbs of pecans in a days time. I'm living proof of that. If they are selling for well over $1 a pound, you'll smile. Locally there is a feed store that buys them from individuals who gather them.

I have sold a lot of patio and building stone through the years. You can pick it up the loose stone off of your property and haul it to local yards for whole sale prices. It can be very lucrative. It does not take much stone to make a ton.

If I could just find a market for walnuts......I got a ton of those aggravating things. I can't even give them away to people because they have to pick them up.

Chris H":1ywqy00t said:
1982vett":1ywqy00t said:
Chris H":1ywqy00t said:

I agree with your first statement. However, it was my understanding the Timmy only paid 2 of the 4 years he owed, and that was only after his nomination.

I was under the impression he ponied up for taxes that are known to be delinquent and not past statue of limitations. If I'm wrong about that I hope the punishment is humane and quick. ;-)

This from USA Today:

"Geithner, who as Treasury secretary would be in charge of the IRS, paid back taxes for 2003 and 2004 after an IRS audit in 2006. Geithner paid further back taxes and interest after similar problems for his 2001 and 2002 returns were discovered during vetting by the Obama team."

Now believe me when I say I'm not impressed by his apology:

Again from USA Today

"Treasury secretary nominee Timothy Geithner on Wednesday said he made "careless mistakes" when he did not pay all of his taxes while working at the International Monetary Fund and apologized to senators for adding to their burden when the economy is in the midst of a severe recession.
"These were careless mistakes," Geithner told members of the Senate Finance Committee during his nearly four-hour confirmation hearing. "They were avoidable mistakes, but they were unintentional. I should have been more careful. I take full responsibility.""

But an infant realizes when a Democrat claims they made a mistake, we must all be forgiving and no apologies are need. My gosh the man apologized. I guess that makes him a saint. Besides John Kerry gave him his blessing.

Yep USA Today

"You come to this committee with a great reputation for integrity," Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., said. "And I accept completely the explanation you have given us with respect to the mistakes on your tax returns."

How can their be any doubt left after a judgement as such. :roll:

HOSS":2jegu9on said:
If I could just find a market for walnuts......I got a ton of those aggravating things. I can't even give them away to people because they have to pick them up.

Plant a few pecan trees for that fine son you have. Just a thought. I doubt you'd ever regret it. Tell him they are for him and they are his from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts