Your version of a bailout

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOSS":3mao0kf4 said:
Can I come down and work for you?

Yeah! You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find people willing to work. There are a lot that want to be employed but to work .... that's a different story. With the unemployent rolls increasing you would think it would be easy to get good help but you wouldn't believe the number of people I talked to that wanted a job but "were disabled" and wanted me to pay their wife. Best one I heard was one fella wanted me to pay his money to me and me pay the taxes on it then give him cash. Said it would be good for my social security. Yeah right. And then their were those who wanted to work the system so they could continue to draw their unemployment checks. :shock: I'm afraid we have created an insatiable monster.

It is a shame when normally honest people have to cheat the system to survive while our Government squanders billions on Bailouts and Foreign Aid to countries that hate us.
Tom

Jogeephus":2bc5501n said:
HOSS":2bc5501n said:
Can I come down and work for you?

Yeah! You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find people willing to work. There are a lot that want to be employed but to work .... that's a different story. With the unemployent rolls increasing you would think it would be easy to get good help but you wouldn't believe the number of people I talked to that wanted a job but "were disabled" and wanted me to pay their wife. Best one I heard was one fella wanted me to pay his money to me and me pay the taxes on it then give him cash. Said it would be good for my social security. Yeah right. And then their were those who wanted to work the system so they could continue to draw their unemployment checks. :shock: I'm afraid we have created an insatiable monster.

How about offering to pay a higher wage, Just think of the tax right off it would be.

There are a lot of folks out there hurting.

People can't even seem to afford rental's as I have never seen so may open. They must be moving in with folks like back in the 30's.

I got a cousin that has one of the worst personalities I have ever seen but she has always been a hard worker. She's an accountant. It was heart wrenching to hear of her plight.

Another family has a 18 month old child that weighs 18 pounds. The kid goes to the doctor weekly it seem and they can't seem to figure out what the problem is. He lost his job as a GC but she works for the church.

Lit is broke down at 87 and can't do much. She don't get much from the gov't and lives in assisted housing but she still got to eat and live. She played big part in my upbringing.

Lit's boy blew up the engine in his truck. He will work but he ain't to sharp.

I figure we started out at best batting .250 unless you count the intangibles.

Crowderfarms":wszupjrh said:
After reading all this I have to admit I'm really fortunate.

Good post.

We are as well. Things could change but we feel very fortunate.

I don't understand why we need to help others, or even go to work. On another site of "homesteaders", someone stated that "it is the government's job to take care of us."

After all, the government has unlimited resources, including a great printing press for money. No longer a need for a budget. I don't know why the government doesn't make a computer program available for download that we can all use to print our own money to really stimulate the economy and bring prosperity!

djinwa":156wv11t said:
On another site of "homesteaders", someone stated that "it is the government's job to take care of us."

Seems a lot of people have this idea and if you think otherwise then you are just a heartless person. They might even call you a racist.

I think it was Will Rogers who said we were the only people who would drive our cars to the poor house. I don't think he had the whole picture when he said this cause he neglected to mention that we would be sending text messages and jabbering important bizness on our cell phones while we waited for a check.

To start off with I'm not claiming to be the smartest person around but lets see what you all think of this .I've heard there are 300 million people in the US.Now if the goverment were to give each a million dollars into a account that has to be spent say within 48 months or it goes back to them so people will have to spend it.The banks wouldn't have to lose all this money on housing because people could afford to pay for a debt they couldn't affrod when they got the loans.The auto industry would pick up because people could afford to pay the way to high prices for car/trucks.I hope you all are following me here I know alot of people would waste the money but I think it would help and not only that it's cheaper than what they want to do and the big corps wouldn't be sticking in their pockets.

rusty":hiwseypd said:
To start off with I'm not claiming to be the smartest person around but lets see what you all think of this .I've heard there are 300 million people in the US.Now if the goverment were to give each a million dollars into a account that has to be spent say within 48 months or it goes back to them so people will have to spend it.The banks wouldn't have to lose all this money on housing because people could afford to pay for a debt they couldn't affrod when they got the loans.The auto industry would pick up because people could afford to pay the way to high prices for car/trucks.I hope you all are following me here I know alot of people would waste the money but I think it would help and not only that it's cheaper than what they want to do and the big corps wouldn't be sticking in their pockets.

Problem I see with this is whenever the government gives anyone money they are taking it away from somebody else. As it stands now, our grandchildren are the ones that are going to be flipping this bill and while I haven't met any of mine yet I'm pretty sure they are going to be pissed.

Jogeephus":2q41nrk6 said:
rusty":2q41nrk6 said:

Problem I see with this is whenever the government gives anyone money they are taking it away from somebody else. As it stands now, our grandchildren are the ones that are going to be flipping this bill and while I haven't met any of mine yet I'm pretty sure they are going to be be nice.

Wouldn't work giving everyone a million dollars first we are an economy to scale. Who do think would go to work thinking they are rich. You would end up paying a thousand dollars for a loaf of bread .

I just figured they are giving it to car industry, banks,wallstreet so on and so forth why not give it to tax payers will have to pay it back in the end one way or the other.

rusty":1gc1pkty said:
I just figured they are giving it to car industry, banks,wallstreet so on and so forth why not give it to tax payers will have to pay it back in the end one way or the other.

In a sense, you are right. Best way to do this though would be NOT to take it from the taxpayers in the first place. Let the taxpayer keep his money so he can invest in new businesses. Of course you will need to get all the gov't regulation out of the way to give someone an incentive to build a new company instead of agencies coming out of the wood work strangling and impeding growth and prosperity.

On the news last p.m. they talked about the packages being alotted to each city. That must mean the rest of us out in the sticks just get to pay for it.

From what little details I've seen of the new bailout idea it appears to me that most of the money is going to go to prop up the fat beauracrcy. Seems to me that if we are having to scale back and lay people off the government should be laying people off and cutting programs first. Our state government has come up with their own ingenious plan for some agencies. What they are doing is cutting back the salaried employees to a four day work week and they still get the same salary. I know of some who have been sent home to work out of their homes. I don't understand how this is going to help anything but then again I rode the short bus to school and only made it to graduation because God was in our schools at the time. But there must be something to this so I'm beginning to think that maybe I need to pay taxes based on a four day work week. I just want to do my part as well.

Well since I work a 6 day and might be cut to 5 do I get to cut back to 4 or 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.