YOUR OPINION ON THESE BULLS

Help Support CattleToday:

Like on your other post and I like them. Also a picture is a start. When you get there and walk around em, you might see them different. Yes I am bias, but the Lims are a good choice.

VanC":3qtcf528 said:
DOC HARRIS":3qtcf528 said:
They both show strong Fertility traits at the head area.

DOC HARRIS

I understand how fertility relates to testicle size, but how does it relate to the head area?
masculine look you don't get without levels off testostrone. the more testosterone the more bull he will look.. and it looks like they have it. think a about steer's that have the fenimine look

ALACOWMAN":2xzjkqms said:
VanC":2xzjkqms said:
DOC HARRIS":2xzjkqms said:
They both show strong Fertility traits at the head area.

DOC HARRIS

I understand how fertility relates to testicle size, but how does it relate to the head area?
masculine look you don't get without levels off testostrone. the more testosterone the more bull he will look.. and it looks like they have it. think a about steer's that have the fenimine look

I see it now. Thanks.

VanC-

I just logged onto to this thread this afternoon, and saw your question. Sorry that I didn't see it sooner.

Fertility, of course, relates DIRECTLY to sex characteristics, and in Bulls Testosterone is "King of the Hill!", being highly integrated in the Endocrine Cycle System -Pituitary, Thyroid, Adrenalin, Testes. Mature bulls should show masculinity with a burly masculine head (course hair and heavy jaw); a crest over the neck; heavy muscling in response to the hormone testosterone (here it is!) which stimulates nitrogen retention, medium length legs as a result of male hormones stopping the growth of long bones; scrotum and testes well balanced and of adequate size in relation to age, tight clean sheath, and adequate libido. There is a fine line between libido and aggressiveness.

In regard to indicative masculine head appearances resulting from Testosterone, the bull's head should display a curly, course hair, broad between the eyes, rather wide muzzle (indicative of gluttonism, desirable for producing Terminal Feedlot calves) and other traits noted in the preceding paragraph.

You can see how this relates to the blending of Phenotype and Genetype (EPD's) in selection processes for Herd Improvement protocols. Phenotype AND Genotype must work together in selection agenda's to be successful in our business.

Seedstock selection is JOB ONE!

DOC HARRIS

I didn't think a Limo bull would have as much sheath as the first bull. Nice looking bulls.

Latest posts