your favorite cow

Help Support CattleToday:

S17 Rodeo Co.":3026rkiu said:
Hello, I am also new on here. Here is my favorite cow out of my herd...She IS registered...can you guess what breed??

IMG_80281-Copy.jpg

ABBA

Rustler9":2bzikfjf said:
Must be registered Rodeo stock. Plummer.

oooooo.....just about right on, she is a registered ABBI (American Bucking Bull Inc.) cow. She has plummer blood, along with Bodacious and Gunslinger. Good guess.

We have Plummer cow from a bull we tried to use a few years ago. He was so dang mean I couldn't get into the pasture with him. We only got two heifers from him before we sold him. We have bred a Longhorn bull back on the cow and she's raised some nice calves. I always thoght I'd like to raise a few bucking bulls-maybe one of these days......

LHheiferpicsII050.jpg

One of my favorites-I have several. An Overlord daughter who raises a big calf, puts body and horn on her calves-has had two bulls out six of calves so far.

andybob":1d9y8fs2 said:
IMG_0084.jpg

15 years old in this picture, imported embryo calf, born in Canada imported into Texas initially, she is in NC in this picture.

I admired this cow from the first time I saw it. Who takes care of her now, when you are in the UK being the farmers farmer?

Rustler9":acxryptm said:
LHheiferpicsII050.jpg

One of my favorites-I have several. An Overlord daughter who raises a big calf, puts body and horn on her calves-has had two bulls out six of calves so far.

Like this one too!

girly018.jpg
I photoshopped this girl-she is actually black angus,oh and i put some horns on her. :lol: :lol: She will calve at the end of November.She has given me 2xheifers,2xsets of twins and am almost sure she is carrying twins again(have not had her checked).

alisonb":1dyidv6h said:
girly018.jpg
I photoshopped this girl-she is actually black angus,oh and i put some horns on her. :lol: :lol: She will calve at the end of November.She has given me 2xheifers,2xsets of twins and am almost sure she is carrying twins again(have not had her checked).

What have her twins weighed on weaning?

Choo-Choo Ranch":3s34f7zi said:
Dairy animals are handled differently to beef animals.I wean the calves at 1 week and then bottle feed for 2 months.During the 2 month period they are fed a protein ration twice daily and have access to grazing throughout the day.
At 2 months they are taken off milk,by that time they are eating well and their ration is increased accordingly until they are 7 months old.
They are then sent to the auction(barn).I usually have a batch of 10-15 calves ready for auction every 3 months.The calves are weighed and sold as a batch.The feedlot buyers prefer a weight of between 440-550lbs.
My records show that the twins fell well within the above margin,but i unfortunetly don't have their individual weights.Even though the dairy cows are bred with a beef bull you will notice the huge difference in weights of these calves and pure beef weights.

alisonb":3vd25uxe said:
Choo-Choo Ranch":3vd25uxe said:
Dairy animals are handled differently to beef animals.I wean the calves at 1 week and then bottle feed for 2 months.During the 2 month period they are fed a protein ration twice daily and have access to grazing throughout the day.
At 2 months they are taken off milk,by that time they are eating well and their ration is increased accordingly until they are 7 months old.
They are then sent to the auction(barn).I usually have a batch of 10-15 calves ready for auction every 3 months.The calves are weighed and sold as a batch.The feedlot buyers prefer a weight of between 440-550lbs.
My records show that the twins fell well within the above margin,but i unfortunetly don't have their individual weights.Even though the dairy cows are bred with a beef bull you will notice the huge difference in weights of these calves and pure beef weights.
I have to say, that cow is easy to look at! Nice udder, great conformation and structure, and she looks to have a very nice, tight udder. Would she be a Friesian? I know that Frisians and Holsteins are considered the same breed, but she seems to have a lot more flesh and quarter than American Holsteins. Nice cow.

blackcowz":1jlq6tj9 said:
but she seems to have a lot more flesh and quarter than American Holsteins. Nice cow.
Thank you-She is not pure holstein,the fleshiness comes from her grandmother who was holstein/angus.

Latest posts