Your choice of 1911.

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1qd3dfvw said:
True Grit Farms":1qd3dfvw said:

Glock 41, capacity is 13+1 rounds of 45 ACP nothing else has the fire power or reliability under the harshest environments.
Ugly but will get it done.

There are several double stack 1911's that carry more. Personally I don't like the way the feel.
https://www.remington.com/handguns/mode ... uble-stack

I am with you CB. It is sacrilege to double stack a 1911.

Caustic Burno":2tcbgc8s said:
True Grit Farms":2tcbgc8s said:

Glock 41, capacity is 13+1 rounds of 45 ACP nothing else has the fire power or reliability under the harshest environments.

There are several double stack 1911's that carry more. Personally I don't like the way the feel.

That's a 9mm you've got picked out there. I was under the impression that we were discussing 45's?

Suit yourselves, the Glock doesn't have real fat grip like some CB. You can put a 3/8 carriage bolt through the floor of a vehicle, slide a piece of hose over the bolt and stick a 45 cal barrel over the bolt and hose. The gun will always be between the seats, handle up no matter who's driving the car.

Farm Fence Solutions":3f94i96r said:
Caustic Burno":3f94i96r said:
True Grit Farms":3f94i96r said:

That's a 9mm you've got picked out there. I was under the impression that we were discussing 45's?
Really? https://us.glock.com/products/model/g41gen4

True Grit Farms":29iyodrt said:

For the house okay just too much for me on CC. I will stick to my Colt Compact 1911, Ruger 357 or my Colt Pony in 380 that I carry the most.

True Grit Farms":3sv3ubg7 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3sv3ubg7 said:
Caustic Burno":3sv3ubg7 said:

Really? https://us.glock.com/products/model/g41gen4

Not you....The link that CB posted. FWIW, I have a Browning BDM that I really like. It's like a double stack 9mm 1911, but with an ambidextrous decocking safety. I consider it to be a good carry gun for winter, or with an untucked shirt. Browning only made them for a few years, so they can be a bit hard to find.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, some great 1911's to research!

Ryder":36629n54 said:
Bright Raven":36629n54 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":36629n54 said:
I like my SIG better than any of my others.

Why? I know you also have a Les Baer.
Same question to you shining bird. What in particular do you like about the Wilson, Les B?

Zero FTF (failure to feed) and FTE (failure to eject). That is what competitive defensive shooters strive for in a 1911. In a combination of practice and competition events, a serious shooter will go through hundreds of rounds a week during the summer. A progressive loader is a requirement. Most use a Dillon Precision. I started out with Kimber. I had 4 different models. I even had the one customized. I still experienced the rare FTE or FTF. During an event, it is embarrassing. My instructor recommended Les Baer - because he used Les Baer. He was retired Secret Service. Taught defensive pistol in Helena MT.

I bought a Wilson Combat CQB. Night sights. No failures. Later, I bought a Ler Baer Target. No failures. If you were only shooting standard factory loads a Kimber might not fail. But with Competition loads that are slightly down loaded and thus not factory, you need a quality 1911.

If FTE and FTF are what separates the men from the boys a $500 Glock will run circles around a $1500 1911. I know I know 1911s are the "best". I have a couple they are nice and fun to shoot, one of those guns everyone should have like a 94 Winchester. Fact is you want it to be reliable and not picky, pick up a Glock.
To the OPs original question I think you would be happy with most any good brand, a lot of people love the Kimbers also hear a lot of good about Rock Islands for the money. One of mine is a Llama and honestly as fun and accurate as any others I have shot. Disclaimer I have not messed with any higher grade than Kimber so can't speak to top of the line guns if you gave plenty of money to spend they may be better. For the money they should be.

SmokinM":15i5cnw1 said:
If FTE and FTF are what separates the men from the boys a $500 Glock will run circles around a $1500 1911. I know I know 1911s are the "best". I have a couple they are nice and fun to shoot, one of those guns everyone should have like a 94 Winchester. Fact is you want it to be reliable and not picky, pick up a Glock.
To the OPs original question I think you would be happy with most any good brand, a lot of people love the Kimbers also hear a lot of good about Rock Islands for the money. One of mine is a Llama and honestly as fun and accurate as any others I have shot. Disclaimer I have not messed with any higher grade than Kimber so can't speak to top of the line guns if you gave plenty of money to spend they may be better. For the money they should be.

They each have their place, but I won't argue. I buy every Glock that slides across the table in the barn. I'd be ashamed to show you how dirty some of them are, but I'm confident that they'll go boom when I squeeze on em. They make great boat guns. ;-)

I am a colt man. Original series seventy in 45 and 38 super and 9mm. I have a KBI double stack I keep in my farm truck. It actually has never failed to fire. But as stated heavy and wide gripped. When I had my store I sold a lot of the El presentation series. I have all of the but I failed to keep an El Patron, so I am a buyer if you have one

papavillars":i40xrr22 said:
I am a colt man. Original series seventy in 45 and 38 super and 9mm. I have a KBI double stack I keep in my farm truck. It actually has never failed to fire. But as stated heavy and wide gripped. When I had my store I sold a lot of the El presentation series. I have all of the but I failed to keep an El Patron, so I am a buyer if you have one

Got all three the nine is the sweetest shooter for having some fun at the range.

My son for Christmas got a small frame 1911 I like pretty well. He got his conceal licence and if teachers are ever allowed to carry here he will gladly help out. He has 20/15 vision, steady hands, could out shoot me at 9 years old and would not be afraid to use it to help protect others. Real nice gun it seems.

LRB1nNS.jpg

6KM91om.jpg

Latest posts