Your choice of 1911.

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I thinking about adding a 1911 .45acp to my safe. What is your 1911 of choices for under $1000?

Bright Raven":1ypwvibx said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1ypwvibx said:
I like my SIG better than any of my others.

Why? I know you also have a Les Baer.

Under $1,000 was the question. My SIG was perfect, right out of the box. (And it looks cool and isn't afraid to get dirty and kill sassy bandits.)

Farm Fence Solutions":325g2ete said:
Bright Raven":325g2ete said:
Farm Fence Solutions":325g2ete said:
I like my SIG better than any of my others.

Under $1,000 was the question. My SIG was perfect, right out of the box. (And it looks cool and isn't afraid to get dirty and kill sassy bandits.)

Understood but in no way are you putting it in the Les Baer class? Not just sassy - but also surly.

Alan":1xjrxpbw said:
I thinking about adding a 1911 .45acp to my safe. What is your 1911 of choices for under $1000?

Like my Colt's to coon finger and look at.
To carry,shoot and abuse and knock about can't beat Rock Island Armory IMO. They are tough and work in adverse conditions.

Caustic Burno":p6jq9kmz said:
Alan":p6jq9kmz said:

Like my Colt's to coon finger and look at.
To carry,shoot and abuse and knock about can't beat Rock Island Armory IMO. They are tough and work in adverse conditions.

Like the self check register at "the" Walmart?

Bright Raven":2dv5geyg said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2dv5geyg said:
Bright Raven":2dv5geyg said:

Understood but in no way are you putting it in the Les Baer class? Not just sassy - but also surly.

Hypothetically, if I was promised a gun fight and I was only allowed to take one gun, and it had to be a single stack .45 ACP 1911......I'd take the SIG. If any .45 were allowed, it'd be the Springfield XD, because I could scare twice as many surly bandits. ;-)

I have been wanting one of these. I have heard a lot of good about them. They are under a grand and made in USA. Check the reviews.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... ire-pistol

Ruger SR1911 45ACP Stainless Centerfire Pistol

17727-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Rock island makes a solid 1911. I prefer my kimber custom 2 but I don't think the quality is the same as they were 15 years ago. I'd love to have an old colt

JSCATTLE":2v08ygol said:
Rock island makes a solid 1911. I prefer my kimber custom 2 but I don't think the quality is the same as they were 15 years ago. I'd love to have an old colt

Had a WWII uncle was a Marine Sniper that made the beach landings on Guadalcanal,Iwo and Okinawa.
He gave me my first 1911 bought out of a tub at the Army Navy store.
He would pick up a pistol and shake them, if it didn't rattle he would put it back saying that pistol will get you killed. He would find one that was loose and would say this pistol will work full of mud or sand.

Caustic Burno":rodptefc said:
JSCATTLE":rodptefc said:

Had a WWII uncle was a Marine Sniper that made the beach landings on Guadalcanal,Iwo and Okinawa.
He would pick up a pistol and shake them, if it didn't rattle he would put it back saying that pistol will get you killed. He would find one that was loose and would say this pistol will work full of mud or sand.
That's why Russian made guns are so tough lots of slop

Caustic Burno":3kqzci3h said:
JSCATTLE":3kqzci3h said:

I heard the same stories. First 1911 I shot was a military issue my Uncle picked up as surplus. I guess it was a Colt

Standards among defensive pistol shooters at the highest levels are clearly different. Whether it be Brown, Wilson Combat, Les Baer, etc. Those guns are not "loose". In defensive pistol the gold standard is now:

Zero tolerance for FTE and FTF.

Bright Raven":3rqr7hpj said:
Caustic Burno":3rqr7hpj said:
JSCATTLE":3rqr7hpj said:

I heard the same stories. First 1911 I shot was a military issue my Uncle picked up as surplus. I guess it was a Colt

Standards among defensive pistol shooters at the highest levels are clearly different. Whether it be Brown, Wilson Combat, Les Baer, etc. Those guns are not "loose". In defensive pistol the gold standard is now:

They are not storming beaches with them either fighting in the worst conditions . Lot of difference in turning out a few custom guns than millions that had to work. It actually impressed me more of all the companies that made working 1911's in WWII including Singer that makes sewing machines.

Caustic Burno":2dlc6ylc said:
Bright Raven":2dlc6ylc said:
Caustic Burno":2dlc6ylc said:

They are not storming beaches with them either fighting in the worst conditions . Lot of difference in turning out a few custom guns than millions that had to work. It actually impressed me more of all the companies that made working 1911's in WWII including Singer that makes sewing machines.

I agree. I sure don't throw my Les Baer or Wilson Combat down in the mud.

Glock 41, capacity is 13+1 rounds of 45 ACP nothing else has the fire power or reliability under the harshest environments.
Ugly but will get it done.