Young Replacement Bull Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

0915120819_0001.jpg

What's his age?

I sort of regret not buying that Hereford bull at Myrons sale back in March, as I ended up shipping my Debter bull this summer.

The most PHD's per capita in the USA is Los Alamos County, New Mexico.[/quote]

I think it is semantics. I think the stat is Huntsville has the most engineers and PHD per Capita for a metropolitan area. Nothing metropolitan about Los Alamos but New Mexico is a beautiful place.

"In 2005, Forbes Magazine named the Huntsville-Decatur Combined Statistical Area as 6th best place in the nation for doing business, and number one in terms of the number of engineers per total employment. In 2006, Huntsville dropped to 14th; the prevalence of engineers was not considered in the 2006 ranking."

Also if I am not mistaken the only County in North Alabama that votes Democrat nationally which I think was one of the previous posters problem with the area.[/quote]

Have you ever been to Central Texas aka Austin........you might fit well cept the Democarat part which you just might be confused about... got any cows?[/quote]

Yes I travel to Dallas allot and yes I have cows and yes I am a Democrat. Didn't mean to get off topic was just joking with another poster and it took a life of its own. But back to the topic I just bought a Hereford bull to replace one of my previous Hereford bulls that I was not that happy with. Last year was my first venture in years to a Spring calving herd and also with Hereford bulls. I paid $1500 for this bull and he is registered and I haven't got the paperwork back yet so I can't quote his lineage but he is out of some big time bull from Montana that is what the guy told me I bought it from that I trust. This blood is suppose to be different from the Remintall? blood that my current Hereford bulls are out of and should be thicker and meatier but not as tall and long. Please forgive the pics he is new to me and my field and would not stay still and pose for nothing. He is not wild what so ever just not photogenic and I am not good with patience lately.[/quote] .... well that rules out you working at Redstone,, biggest reason Madison co. voted dem. is all the transplants and move in's from blue states...............

SSGenetics":8ppeysye said:
What's his age?

I sort of regret not buying that Hereford bull at Myrons sale back in March, as I ended up shipping my Debter bull this summer.

He is 10 months old. I still have my adult Hereford bulls and I didn't have anything to put up with him in the barn so I let him out. I am pretty sure the adult bulls are not going to let him breed anything.

SSGenetics":ttry92jk said:
What's his age?

I regreted it enough to offer the purchaser an extra $100 or $200 after the sale. He wasn't interested. SSGentics would you give me and u411clb atour of your cattle someday?

u4411clb":2daqtyrf said:
cmay":2daqtyrf said:
Ha! More PhD's per capita in this county then anywhere in the nation. We're supposedly "enlightened".... I try to keep to the farm as much as possible. :cowboy:

The most PHD's per capita in the USA is Los Alamos County, New Mexico.

I think it is semantics. I think the stat is Huntsville has the most engineers and PHD per Capita for a metropolitan area. Nothing metropolitan about Los Alamos but New Mexico is a beautiful place.

"In 2005, Forbes Magazine named the Huntsville-Decatur Combined Statistical Area as 6th best place in the nation for doing business, and number one in terms of the number of engineers per total employment. In 2006, Huntsville dropped to 14th; the prevalence of engineers was not considered in the 2006 ranking."

Also if I am not mistaken the only County in North Alabama that votes Democrat nationally which I think was one of the previous posters problem with the area.[/quote]

Still, when it comes to doctorates, small towns are the standouts. Looking at all metropolitan areas with populations of 50,000 or greater, Ithaca, N.Y. ranks No. 1. Home to Cornell University, a whopping 7.92 percent of residents hold Ph.D.s. Ames, Iowa, where Iowa State University is located, is second, at 7.2 percent. Other university towns round out the top five: In State College, Pa., the figure is 6.04 percent; for Corvallis, Ore., it's 5.63 percent; and in College Station, Texas, it's 5.14 percent.

Latest posts