young hereford bull revisited

Help Support CattleToday:

sporder

Reaction score
posted this pic about 5 months ago
Picture166-1.jpg

thought i would post him as he is now at 22 mo. thoughts on his development or lack of development are welcome
IMAG1476_zps9ce066b8.jpg

IMAG1483_zps33997618.jpg

Picture277-1_zpsd0c42297.jpg

they are above 36 last time measured. they are even in size just dont hang down very far. when he gets up for sitting and they have been tucked away nice and warm they hang better. still 0 degrees over here.

He's right in the ballpark then so i wouldn't worry about it! Sporder you're not going to get a lot of praise for him but if he suits you then use him. He's not bad bull, he's just not a really good bull.

and i hate the way he always stands stretched out like that. makes me thing that he is structurally unsound when he doesn't stand under himself.

sporder":5ow145um said:
Picture277-1_zpsd0c42297.jpg

they are above 36 last time measured. they are even in size just dont hang down very far. when he gets up for sitting and they have been tucked away nice and warm they hang better. still 0 degrees over here.
what kind of udder attachment did his moma have??? he looks allful soft

3waycross":1seyt7a6 said:
He's right in the ballpark then so i wouldn't worry about it! Sporder you're not going to get a lot of praise for him but if he suits you then use him. He's not bad bull, he's just not a really good bull.

and i hate the way he always stands stretched out like that. makes me thing that he is structurally unsound when he doesn't stand under himself.
He doesn't stand foursquare, never did, pasterns still weak, won't change for the better either. He's good enough for Sporder's market, ie selling to dairies, but not a stock bull by any stretch of the imagination.

all fair comments which i agree with. as Knersie said he will not be used for ped breeding. He was retained as a way of gainning experience raising bulls in terms of feeding and handling.