Young heifer calved

Help Support CattleToday:

auctionboy

Reaction score
My heifer I bought at the auction two months ago had a suprise for me this morning. I didn't think this young of a heifer could get bred but she calved over night. She can't be over #650 but it was unassisted. I thought things looked funny and she was acting weird. The calf is fine and she seems to be mothering it well. Is this common?

Unfortunatly, it is not uncommon. Poor, poor practice from whoever you bought her from. She will never perform to her full potential now.
She needs to be supplemented.
Way too bad.

well if she was breed to a bull that throws big calves you couldve had a dead heifer.but since she calved on her own an took the calf i wouldnt worry yo much.

I would say that is a good fertilty indicater. Just feed her extra good and she will do fine. She is one up on most heifers her age.

auctionboy":2e6yxwv4 said:
It was a odd thing to happen on April 1st, haha.

This was my way of saying that I april fooled you guys, but did you hear about the farmer that just had a cow/horse cross born?

auctionboy":3f8slke5 said:
auctionboy":3f8slke5 said:
It was a odd thing to happen on April 1st, haha.

This was my way of saying that I april fooled you guys, but did you hear about the farmer that just had a cow/horse cross born?

OH. lol my bad. I read that but i guess it didn't sink in :oops:

Latest posts