Young Gelbvieh Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

double v":3irsicxa said:

Well Double V seems that no one wants to stick their neck out on the young bulls so here goes.

The first bull is pretty clean and has a little more daylight than the other one, may also not be as masculine. Looks to not be an early maturing animal. Could definate be better in the heart girth. I like his legs and topline. Also in the picture it looks like he may be a little weak in the pasterns, in front

The second bull is definately thicker and deeper in the heartgirth. It's hard to tell by the way he is standing but looks like pretty decent legs and is more masculine. Probably throw earlier maturing calves. Was he a horned Bull? If so that would count against him for my use. The only thing I don't like is from his hooks to his pins not real level. Of course again that could be the way he is standing.

I like a thicker, smaller framed kind of bull so, if his top line is a little better than it looks in the picture. I would pick the second one.

Not real scientific but what I like!

3waycross":2rdqyu3l said:
double v":2rdqyu3l said:

Well Double V seems that no one wants to stick their neck out on the young bulls so here goes.

The first bull is pretty clean and has a little more daylight than the other one, may also not be as masculine. Looks to not be an early maturing animal. Could definate be better in the heart girth. I like his legs and topline. Also in the picture it looks like he may be a little weak in the pasterns, in front

The second bull is definately thicker and deeper in the heartgirth. It's hard to tell by the way he is standing but looks like pretty decent legs and is more masculine. Probably throw earlier maturing calves. Was he a horned Bull? If so that would count against him for my use.
  • >>>The only thing I don't like is from his hooks to his pins<<<
not real level. Of course again that could be the way he is standing.

I like a thicker, smaller framed kind of bull so, if his top line is a little better than it looks in the picture. I would pick the second one.

Not real scientific but what I like!
that the only thing that concerned me but he's my choice

learn how to post smaller pictures. you will get more people to look at them (and comment).

Aero":31q2ev90 said:
learn how to post smaller pictures. you will get more people to look at them (and comment).

I guess it depends on your server or computer. when I opened the link they popped up 2/3's screen and very easy to see.
Sometimes I have noticed a picture will start out very large and if you give it time it will stabilize and be normal.

Matt did you give it time to do that?

3waycross":3sz7a9tq said:
Matt did you give it time to do that?

i had no problem with it. i just know that people on dialup will rarely wait long enough to download a picture of that size.

it is ~240 KB and average dialup downloads at 5-6KB/sec. => 40-48 seconds of waiting. click on the picture and count out 40 seconds; would you wait that long? :wave:

Here you go.

dscf0023sr6.jpg

dscf0024oc5.jpg

Haven't had a look at this site for a long while. We have mostly red Gelbvieh here in NZ, but still a few black are about. I think i prefer the second bull. I think the first is a bit high in the back legs, and perhaps those hocks look a little weak. We call them 'stilty' cattle. And i have found that is one thing that the Gelbvieh can tend to do, is get too much air between their girth and the ground. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to look at your young bulls. Maybe I will post a photo of mine soon, so you can have a look. Thanks. :D

Latest posts