young bulls?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have been told by several people that a young bull will throw a smaller calf. These people that told me that use young Simmental and Charolais bulls and dont have calving problems. I dont believe this because I think that the bull's genetics would determine the calve size. What is yall's opinion?

Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":1585rprq said:
I have been told by several people that a young bull will throw a smaller calf. These people that told me that use young Simmental and Charolais bulls and dont have calving problems. I dont believe this because I think that the bull's genetics would determine the calve size. What is yall's opinion?
I'm with you.

People will tell you a lot of things. Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?

Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":1px6o1xw said:

Younger bull= smaller calves= Horse feathers

The tehnical term for this is BS. What do they think, that the sperm cells are smaller? But if a cow is facing north when she's bred she'll have a bull calf, facing south a heifer!

dun

Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":57z5out7 said:

dun":irdzecww said:
The tehnical term for this is BS. What do they think, that the sperm cells are smaller? But if a cow is facing north when she's bred she'll have a bull calf, facing south a heifer!

dun

Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":irdzecww said:
Dun
What kind of Calf will the Cow have if she is facing East or West?
I have heard that it could be a Bull or Heifer. Depends on which way the wind is blowing.

Depends on which old phart farmer you ask.

dun

la4angus":mfemajn6 said:
dun":mfemajn6 said:

dun

Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":mfemajn6 said:
Dun
What kind of Calf will the Cow have if she is facing East or West?
I have heard that it could be a Bull or Heifer. Depends on which way the wind is blowing.

the main reason that they use young bulls on heifers is because they are lighter and less likely break a heifer down. a mature bull that is heavy is more risky. age has nothing to do with birth weight.

Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":3u75kf7d said:
a younger bull maybe will be more vigorous and will be more fertile than the old bull but to have smaller calves :lol: :lol: :lol: don't think so

Latest posts