young bulls?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have been told by several people that a young bull will throw a smaller calf. These people that told me that use young Simmental and Charolais bulls and dont have calving problems. I dont believe this because I think that the bull's genetics would determine the calve size. What is yall's opinion?

la4angus

Reaction score
Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":1585rprq said:
I have been told by several people that a young bull will throw a smaller calf. These people that told me that use young Simmental and Charolais bulls and dont have calving problems. I dont believe this because I think that the bull's genetics would determine the calve size. What is yall's opinion?
I'm with you.

Beefy

Reaction score
People will tell you a lot of things. Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?

Campground Cattle

Reaction score
Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":1px6o1xw said:

Younger bull= smaller calves= Horse feathers

dun

Reaction score
The tehnical term for this is BS. What do they think, that the sperm cells are smaller? But if a cow is facing north when she's bred she'll have a bull calf, facing south a heifer!

dun

Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":57z5out7 said:

la4angus

Reaction score
dun":irdzecww said:
The tehnical term for this is BS. What do they think, that the sperm cells are smaller? But if a cow is facing north when she's bred she'll have a bull calf, facing south a heifer!

dun

Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":irdzecww said:
Dun
What kind of Calf will the Cow have if she is facing East or West?
I have heard that it could be a Bull or Heifer. Depends on which way the wind is blowing.

dun

Reaction score
Depends on which old phart farmer you ask.

dun

la4angus":mfemajn6 said:
dun":mfemajn6 said:

dun

Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":mfemajn6 said:
Dun
What kind of Calf will the Cow have if she is facing East or West?
I have heard that it could be a Bull or Heifer. Depends on which way the wind is blowing.

jcarkie

Reaction score
the main reason that they use young bulls on heifers is because they are lighter and less likely break a heifer down. a mature bull that is heavy is more risky. age has nothing to do with birth weight.

A. delaGarza

Reaction score
Copenhagen & Shiner Bock":3u75kf7d said:
a younger bull maybe will be more vigorous and will be more fertile than the old bull but to have smaller calves :lol: :lol: :lol: don't think so

Latest posts