Young bull - comments welcome

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
MYPIX_011.jpg

8.5 months old.

Can't see any "definition" - only profile. I realize he would have been recently weaned, but he looks thin & light muscled. Fine boned, no guts.
Sorry, not too impressed at this time, but he may just be too thin to analyze. On a profile, you really can't tell if they are thin or lacking lots of muscle. I don't see much in the stifle or forearm.

I would have to agree with Simme, not too much to get excited about here esp. if it's 8.5 mo. just my humble opinion. Now the cows in the background may me another story :D

No punchline.. and I would not have purchased him but he was given to me, from a relative. He has a very good progeny, but the conditions he came from were not that good. It was a drought stricken part of Oklahoma back in the winter of 06. Environment played a part in his being thin and not muscled up yet. He is an angus, but he is getting plenty of feed/ grass/ minerals now. Going to see how he grows out until around February, and then decide if I should keep him or get rid of him. Nothing to lose really.

sooknortex":3m7xisdi said:
Man what a great looking young herd bull prospect. I hear Angus is THE breed, sounds and looks like you are on the right track. I'd love to look into you possibly being my seedstock supplier. It's been a long time since I've seen a young bull with such potential. Maybe you'd be interested in selling a semen interest?

PM if interested, I've got my checkbook out.

Hello nortex, where ya been. Did ya git kicked off again ;-)
Mac

Limomike":2wlwlg72 said:
No punchline.. and I would not have purchased him but he was given to me, from a relative. He has a very good progeny, but the conditions he came from were not that good. It was a drought stricken part of Oklahoma back in the winter of 06. Environment played a part in his being thin and not muscled up yet. He is an angus, but he is getting plenty of feed/ grass/ minerals now. Going to see how he grows out until around February, and then decide if I should keep him or get rid of him. Nothing to lose really.

I too have thought this was a joke, (back to the CB post), but if this is for real, you know folks don't think much of him. I for one would like to see a pic of him in a few months, after you have fed him up and tried to bring him out to his potential. He is a long ways from the herd bull you posted on the other thread... that is a great looking bull!

Alan

THG":1k96x7wp said:
Good steer project I would say or he looks good enough for me to eat. :lol:

THG

Start from the rear THG! :)

(the best cuts of meat are from there)

DUMMY SAID;;;
[quote That used to be the breed of choice. Just read on the old cattle sale thread lot of them angus breeders is bailin out. I bet you can get a bargain on some like this at some of them sales being advertised. I believe its hortons and then theres that A.L.O.T. sale now thats the sale i am goin to. I bet theres some real famous cattle and people there. Probably right off one of them bull tests from oklahoma. :idea:[/quote]

Yea, I have a comment;

WHAT ??????

1848":2gm2rq5r said:
THG":2gm2rq5r said:
Good steer project I would say or he looks good enough for me to eat. :lol:

THG

Start from the rear THG! :)

(the best cuts of meat are from there)
Yeah I know, I guess this calf will make great hamburger since he doesn't have an a$$ to back him up.

THG

Dusty Roads":bwj86jre said:
DUMMY SAID;;;
[quote That used to be the breed of choice. Just read on the old cattle sale thread lot of them angus breeders is bailin out. I bet you can get a bargain on some like this at some of them sales being advertised. I believe its hortons and then theres that A.L.O.T. sale now thats the sale i am goin to. I bet theres some real famous cattle and people there. Probably right off one of them bull tests from oklahoma. :idea:

Yea, I have a comment;

WHAT ??????

The really funny part to me is this:

"now thats the sale i am goin to."

After trashing Angus cattle in a couple hundred posts and a dozen strings, he is going to buy some!!! Does Frankie win a trophy out of this victory or what??

Why not":2b0oufzk said:
Brandonm2":2b0oufzk said:
Dusty Roads":2b0oufzk said:
DUMMY SAID;;;
[quote That used to be the breed of choice. Just read on the old cattle sale thread lot of them angus breeders is bailin out. I bet you can get a bargain on some like this at some of them sales being advertised. I believe its hortons and then theres that A.L.O.T. sale now thats the sale i am goin to. I bet theres some real famous cattle and people there. Probably right off one of them bull tests from oklahoma. :idea:

Yea, I have a comment;

WHAT ??????

The really funny part to me is this:

"now thats the sale i am goin to."

After trashing Angus cattle in a couple hundred posts and a dozen strings, he is going to buy some!!! Does Frankie win a trophy out of this victory or what??

hey brandum hold on there a minute. i may be a dummy but i am not an idiot. I dont own them black worthless kritters wont own them and the only angus worth anything is the reds. Lets hope the reds never get caught up in the color thing.

Yea i'm goin to the texas sale you can bet on that. Going to be handing out fliers with the cab truths on them. GETTING 500 printed up going to be handing them out and placing them on windshields.

Then i even pulled off alots own web sit the comments about what color does. Talk about num skulls now that one takes the cake. :roll:

Sure would be great to see you there brandum just look for the guy with the smile on his face and a arm full of fliers that are about the truth. :p

Aww we were looking forward to see you sitting on the front row with your bidder number, your 'Angus Verified' hat, and a T-shirt emblazoned with a big heart shaped picture of New Design 1407.

It would be worth the cost of the trip to Texas just to see whynot placing those "truth about angus" flyers under wiper blades. :lol: :lol: :lol: