young bull breeding a cow

Help Support CattleToday:

trin

Reaction score
what is the youngest a bull can breed a cow? i have a cow in heat and, my young bull is only 11 months old. i think he is to young but want to know what u think

trin":1a1lwtue said:
what is the youngest a bull can breed a cow? i have a cow in heat and, my young bull is only 11 months old. i think he is to young but want to know what u think

an 11 month old bull can breed a cow. whether or not YOUR 11 month old bull can you'll find out in 18-25 days.

That is up to him. If he thinks he is old enough for the job then he is. If she is to tall dig a hole and put her in it so he can mount...

3legdonkey":2f3hg6rg said:
That is up to him. If he thinks he is old enough for the job then he is.

I got 4 mo bulls out here that think the're old enough the way they try to hump every 4 legged critter in the field .... don't imagine they have a lick of semen in em though.

angus9259":fznhu8wb said:
3legdonkey":fznhu8wb said:

I got 4 mo bulls out here that think the're old enough the way they try to hump every 4 legged critter in the field .... don't imagine they have a lick of semen in em though.
Ha! They are just establishing dominance and have no clue about the mechanics. The OPs bull on the other hand should be old enough that when he mounts he is doing it for keeps... Grin.

angus9259":1of5l01d said:
3legdonkey":1of5l01d said:

They make excellent spotter bulls tho.