Young Bucking Bull Prospect

Help Support CattleToday:

BuckBenham

Reaction score
This young black bull calf is out of bucking stock. He sure looks good to me. I know that the bucking stock field is almost impossible to break into but you can never tell. If a person has a good one and can get the right attention focused on him, it would be like winning the lottery.
274_348.ts1130699012000.jpg

I read the other day that the larger rodeo livestock suppliers judge the bucking ability on the disposition and attitude of the cow, I also saw a program on the Discovery Channel a few years ago that was showing how Spain and Mexico chooses it bulls for bull fighting. It was the same way they had a Matador in the bull ring and let a heifer/cow into the ring and watched how it acted more more aggressive it was and the more it charged the matador it was a keeper. If it didn't appear to be aggressive and shyed away for him it went to the packers.

I know a few people that wanted to be in the bucking bull business that had the experience and some money to play with that never really made it past small Pro shows. Hard to get into it with the big boys. Not saying it can't be done because it can but the chances of 1 bull calf being a bucker is pretty slim.

But if he turns out to be a good one they sure do sell for alot.

BuckBenham":2ttqpjbm said:
This bull calf is out of a pretty highly rated bucking bull. Can't think of his name right now, the calf belongs to my son-in-law's brother. Sure looks good to me. We've got a young white bull that has grown about twice as fast as the other calves the same age. He was born in April and will weigh 650 now. Might try him for bucking when he gets old enough, you can't never tell.
274_348.ts1130699012000.jpg

Well thank goodness he is not out of OLD Hatchet butt. You need to work on the quality before you get embrased.

Caustic, glad to see you are still there rubbing salt in the wound. This is the " Beginners" Board isn't it? But, I did take all the good advice, your's and a lot of other's, that I received over that picture and act on it. Sold the bull yesterday at the auction barn. Don't know how he did yet, but it doesn't matter.
Don't believe we have any calves coming from him.
Looking for a good bull now, really would like to have a Brahman. We have 10 young Brahman heifers, some are not pure Brahman, some are not perfect, already have 4 picked out to sell soon, that will be ready sometime this next year. I'll risk my neck again and post a couple of pictures of them. I enjoy seeing pictures of other people's cattle.

You got a chance here with these heifers to go foward but not with a brahman bull. with there frame you need thickness go with a good thick LBW bull like herf/angus/simm you made a wise choice in selling hatchet ass ;-) Buy the way have nothing bad to say about these heifers other than they need a good bull

BuckBenham":arx1k3s1 said:
.....I did take all the good advice, your's and a lot of other's, that I received over that picture and act on it. Sold the bull yesterday at the auction barn. Don't know how he did yet, but it doesn't matter.
Great management decision on the bull. A good low bw Polled Hereford bull would sure get you some nice replacements out of those heifers and be the start of a real nice cowherd. Now I don't mind as bad telling you good luck in the future. ;-)

BTW, if you don't mind, hit your space bar between images, please.

Latest posts