Young Beefmaster Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score
I'm wondering what you all think of these long yearling bulls. They're both consigned to the upcoming Fall OHOA Beefmaster sale.

Those look like an awfully nice pair of bulls to me. East Caney, what do you expect these bulls to sell for? Rafter S, what reservations would you have about either of these bulls? Personally, I do not have much experience with Beefmaster cattle, but these bulls appear to be well muscled, correct and posses a desirable color. Therefore, I see no issue with either of them;in fact,I think they are a pretty top notch pair of bulls.

Mottlefaceman413":34uy4ys2 said:
Rafter S, what reservations would you have about either of these bulls?

I wouldn't say I have reservations about either one, I just prefer the one over the other. Of course it's hard to tell much from one picture of each but the first bull looks to be a little bit longer, and has a better hind quarter.

Since I have no real experience with Beefmaster cattle I will stay neutral. However, both animals seem to be fine specimens in my thinking. Anyway, I guess where I was confused was when Rafter S stated the bulls were okay, not referencing one bull or the other. That said, if those bulls are okay, I would love to see what the good Beefmaster bulls look like. Anyway, I am interested in the breed and trying to learn, so I am just trying to determine what to look for and what not to look for in a Beefmaster bull. Moreover, I want to know if these bulls embody those traits a good Beefmaster animal does. I am asking all these questions because I have a herd of mixed colored cattle, mostly reds and red bald face cattle, and I am looking to add hybrid vigor and marketability to my herd.

I personally like the 1st bull better. It looks like he has a better hindquarter and depth than the second bull. Both bulls have good sheaths, especially for being Brahman influenced.

Bigfoot":1j0im3uj said:
You always bring us pictures of good stock.

Thanks Bigfoot. I try to not spend much time around any other kind.

Mottlefaceman413":1j0im3uj said:
Those look like an awfully nice pair of bulls to me. East Caney, what do you expect these bulls to sell for? Rafter S, what reservations would you have about either of these bulls? Personally, I do not have much experience with Beefmaster cattle, but these bulls appear to be well muscled, correct and posses a desirable color. Therefore, I see no issue with either of them;in fact,I think they are a pretty top notch pair of bulls.

Thanks. It's a bit hard to tell considering the market and its current instability. Just a couple of weeks ago, the Lasater Ranch sold a group of 16 month old bulls and had a very good sale. This is the first time in several years that the OHOA fall sale will offer bulls. The fall sale has been an all female sale for the past several years. Hopefully there'll be some bull buyers show up. There's no reason good herd bulls should sell under $4,000.00. If I needed two bulls for my operation, I wouldn't be opposed to these two serving different purposes. If I had a one bull operation, there's only one that I'd prefer. I do think they both possess several good qualities, muscle being one.

EC

Latest posts