You won’t get this often.

Help Support CattleToday:

It is a rare sight here in Eastern Oregon. Deer feeders are not legal here.
Thank goodness I don't hunt in Oregon!
Wouldn't get to hunt really neat stuff like Texas.

Attachments

• 20739FCF-696D-4D19-819C-00DB875A3ECE.jpeg
    20739FCF-696D-4D19-819C-00DB875A3ECE.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 64028972-5703-4B8F-AFFC-4ABAD35BA679.jpeg
    64028972-5703-4B8F-AFFC-4ABAD35BA679.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 18
See them every night at ours. But nice pic
I was talking about snow in east Texas.
The deer are hitting the protein hard right now.
If we didn't feed protein wouldn't be much here.
After native deforestation for plantation pines our deer almost disappeared.
There is a 20 mile stretch of highway between towns we used to count 90-100 on the roadside grazing in 70's.
Today you seldom see one, it's a pine desert.

Looked out the front window; they're right next to the porch. Now that my dog is old and doesn't chase them off anymore, we have a lot of deer that hang around the house.

Attachments

• IMG_20210206_074743.jpg
    IMG_20210206_074743.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
I was talking about snow in east Texas.
I knew you were talking about the snow. Snow is pretty common here any time November through March.
Deer feeder..... I have never seen one except pictures. We do however have elk feeders. They are called hay stacks with no high fence or ones that someone left the gate open.
Deer are pretty common in my yard, on the road, and in the fields. A couple weeks ago there was a winter storm warning. We ran into town to stock up before the storm hit. Just down the road there was a herd of about 150 elk. On the way home there was a herd of antelope feeding about 2 miles from the house. Two different herds of deer about 20 head each feeding between the antelope and home. The critters must have seen the storm warning too.

I knew you were talking about the snow. Snow is pretty common here any time November through March.
Deer feeder..... I have never seen one except pictures. We do however have elk feeders. They are called hay stacks with no high fence or ones that someone left the gate open.
Deer are pretty common in my yard, on the road, and in the fields. A couple weeks ago there was a winter storm warning. We ran into town to stock up before the storm hit. Just down the road there was a herd of about 150 elk. On the way home there was a herd of antelope feeding about 2 miles from the house. Two different herds of deer about 20 head each feeding between the antelope and home. The critters must have seen the storm warning too.
I didn't!🤪

Latest posts