You like red??

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Here's some red cattle for you to tear up.

Fall bred heifer
SS_Tease_pix.jpg

Spring 2-year old
SS_Tokyo_Rose_pix.jpg

Don't see much to tear into. Hope I'm not barn blind but they have a nice look to them.

:secret: I wish they were steers so I wouldn't feel so guilty about tearing into them with a knife and fork. ;-)

Looks like alittle photoshop to me?

They look great? dont know why they would need the extra work?
On a side note, the person that touched these up needs much more work than the cattle... :cowboy:

Good looking, and you know I like red?

Now if you get spots on them you'll finally have some real Simmenthals

redfornow":220afruf said:
Looks like alittle photoshop to me?

They look great? dont know why they would need the extra work?
On a side note, the person that touched these up needs much more work than the cattle... :cowboy:

Good looking, and you know I like red?

Of course I like red and they are two nice heifers but the person that did the photo touch up did a terrible job.

Do you have any pics that haven't been modified?

These are the only photos I got. They had some hair on their neck sticking up & they had some manure on legs. Cattle are clipped up for a sale in May. Didn't want to take anything off that I didn't have to. We will be buzzing them bald for the sale. What you see will be what you get. Don't think we have anything to hide with the hair on them.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2an7yoek said:
These are the only photos I got. They had some hair on their neck sticking up & they had some manure on legs. Cattle are clipped up for a sale in May. Didn't want to take anything off that I didn't have to. We will be buzzing them bald for the sale. What you see will be what you get. Don't think we have anything to hide with the hair on them.

I dont think anyone had any issues with their hair, or the haircut, it was the Photoshopping that was done. When a picture is noticeably altered, even if it is just the background or cleaning manure off the legs or anything that does not alter the animal at all, people start to wonder, and can even get discouraged.

Ryan

p.s. I really like both the heifers. Especially the first one.

Ryan":iimiejhx said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":iimiejhx said:

I dont think anyone had any issues with their hair, or the haircut, it was the Photoshopping that was done. When a picture is noticeably altered, even if it is just the background or cleaning manure off the legs or anything that does not alter the animal at all, people start to wonder, and can even get discouraged.

Ryan

p.s. I really like both the heifers. Especially the first one.

:clap:

Can we say topline???

Dont know if its a good one or a bad one? There aint a "real" one....

Diehard
The fall bred heifer is a FR Rezult out of a Grand Slam cow, bred to Beef Maker
The 2-yr old is a ScarletDreams (Dream On son) out of a Too Red cow, with a red Beef Maker heifer calf.

Here's a couple more: Sorry - the rest are black
Simme Valley Uh Oh - Feb 4, 08 heifer
SS_Uh_Oh_pix.jpg

Simme Valley Knickers, 3-year old Macho daughter (full sister to Uh Oh's dam)
SS_Knickers_MT_pix.jpg

Simme Valley Silhouette, 4-yr old Dream On daughter with a RED Beef Maker heifer calf
SS_Silhouette_pix.jpg

Knersie - thanks a bunch. I'm pretty proud of her. We'll have her bred before the sale.
As far as the "photoshop" - she may have corrected long hairs sticking up on the topline - but that is their natural topline. She didn't do anything that a set of clippers couldn't have done ahead of time.

Why are you selling her? Surely you can't have many better than her? Or is there a few things in the pedigree that you don't like?

Its a pity the photos didn't just show them with manure legs and unruly hair, was the "work" done by a professional photographer?

Jeanne,
I'm thinking of using Beef Maker on a few this go around
what you think of his calves?
Also have you had any experience or have you seen any Ranch Hand calves?

Knersie - The Uh Oh heifer shouldn't have had any "photoshop" corrections. She was clean & clipped because we had her on display at the Farm Show in Syracuse for 3 days.
Yes, she is one of our top heifers. We showed her & her dam (cow/calf pair) and won Grand Champion at all 3 shows we attended.
The sale they are going in is a top quality sale. We topped it last year with a Macho 2-yr old daughter, c/c pair. There is absolutely nothing in the pedigree or phenotype that everyone won't love.
Besides, we have the factory! :banana:

Here's their show pic taken Sept 08 at NY State Fair:
Simmental_cowcalf.jpeg

The dam is Snickers and Knickers (the 4-year old) is a full sister.
We only put top quality in this sale. We are competing against really big name farms for top prices. The top pair last year got us enough recognition that her dam is being flushed.

Diehard - We used Beef Maker the past two years. Super easy calving with great vigor at birth, and great phenotype cattle. We have several yearlings as replacements - blacks & reds.
We also have some Ranch Hand calves. Oldest ones are Oct 08 fall born. Look real good. Also, extremely easy calving. We are using him again this season.