You like red??

Help Support CattleToday:

Boy, some of you all can be sort of mean and rude. I would like to stand up for Jeanne, I was at the sale that she is going to sell these heifers in last year and let me tell you most of the people that she works with are very up standing in our breed that she is correct in the fact that cattle at the sale are slicked down. They are good and what you see is what you get, for the most part this group of people that put on this sale are really interested in helping others of us improve our breed, I bought a bred heifer there last year and sold her calf this spring as a 6 month calf for a kid to show and that cow is going to make me money, along with the fact that the breeder of that heifer made it a point to come see her, he was really interested in how things worked for us.
Jeanne - I love those red girls and hopefully it rains again the day before the sale this year because I will be there again.
I also would like some of you that are giving her a hard time to come and see these cattle before you make photoshop comments, there are some people that yes you can't trust their pictures but this is not the case.

HFSimmOH - thank you so much for your nice comments. I think the majority of people on these boards know the quality of my cattle & my reputation of honesty. I don't let the "few" get to me. Some people are just having fun. I go with the flow.
So you were at the sale last year? This year, be sure to introduce yourself. I see you got Cliff's heifer bred to Ranch Hand. So the calf was pretty good then? I'm very impressed with the Ranch Hands. What sire did you breed her back to? That fall bred was my pick of the pen. My comments in my walk was: Best fall bred, walks good, deep & thick. You got a good one. When you buy a good one, you can pretty much breed them to whatever you want, and she should throw you a good calf.
Last year was the first year for our "new" sale with Doug Parke as manager. He's awesome, we love him. Most of the time "honesty" doesn't fit in the same sentice with "sale manager", but he's sure an exception. We're proud to be involved with him. Cliff, Tom (the host) & Ken & I reorganized this sale. I think the quality overall will be even higher this year. It'll be tough for us to "top" the sale again.

redcowsrule33":2j9tkhns said:
cowman30":2j9tkhns said:
Damned reds!

There I tore em up!
:lol2:
Yeah, but that doesn't count - I KNOW you really really like REDS!! :banana:
I'm just proud of the cattle and anxious to get them to the sale. We will be shaving them bald soon, and we will seperate the 3 cow/calf pairs from the rest of the herd and we will be giving them some grain. Cattle in good condition sell better. Hundred dollars more for 1 head will pay for a lot of grain for 3 head.

Jeanne - Yea we actually were there last year, it rained at home the day before the sale and so we started out early in the morning (very early) and we were almost late because the truck started to over heat, didn't like the hills I guess. So we only got there about half an hour before the sale started. As far as this year, won't know till the day before again, if the hubby can be in the field then we stay home but I hope it works to come.
The calf out of that bred heifer was very nice and the cow did very well, we just sold the calf at the Ohio Beef Expo to a young lady in KY to show in the junior Simmy stuff this summer. We bred the cow back to Top Gun, hoping to get a little more mass in calf because the ranchhand was very femine, not a bad thing but I like a little more bone.
I will look you up if we make it to the sale.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":17f07315 said:
redcowsrule33":17f07315 said:
cowman30":17f07315 said:
Damned reds!

There I tore em up!
:lol2:
Yeah, but that doesn't count - I KNOW you really really like REDS!! :banana:
I'm just proud of the cattle and anxious to get them to the sale. We will be shaving them bald soon, and we will seperate the 3 cow/calf pairs from the rest of the herd and we will be giving them some grain. Cattle in good condition sell better. Hundred dollars more for 1 head will pay for a lot of grain for 3 head.

I was just laughing 'cause I wish I had thought of that for all the black ones! :tiphat:

It was quite funny!
HFSimm - yes we do have hills!!! We have friends from Ohio (Seedorfs) and the first time they came out this way with a trailer, they couldn't believe the hills. Sure is a test on your truck's engine. Hope you make it out so we can meet.

Near the top of this page is a picture of a fine looking heifer in my opinion but a SUPERGENE advocate would say don't breed from it as it has a short tail and short tailed animals are unproductive. That is typical of the B...S... that comes out of PC and his mates.

Malter":iv4q4ar8 said:
Near the top of this page is a picture of a fine looking heifer in my opinion but a SUPERGENE advocate would say don't breed from it as it has a short tail and short tailed animals are unproductive. That is typical of the B...S... that comes out of PC and his mates.
Thanks for the compliment. Short tail - bad - that's a new one! A short tail indicates youth. The older they are, the longer their tail (and by the way - we trimmed the tail snub with the end of the bone - we do all our cattle - even old cows spring & fall workup. Less chance of them getting mud balls on ends of tails.)
Now, I have been told that a THIN tail indicates fertility (dairymen).

I wonder if the Supergene Advocates have heard of the thin tail is more fertile theory. Perhaps they have but dont have thin tailed cattle to sell (push onto) to others.

Latest posts