You like big butts?

Help Support CattleToday:

aussie_cowgirl

Reaction score
Lol I snapped this while at uni today. It's a show steer for the carcass comp. Pretty sure there's some BB in there. His capacity doesn't impress me as he has 2 more months on feed to go. Still it's a pretty impressive behind.

DSC00244.jpg

Thanks for the picture. What do you think would he look like finished on grass compared to finished on feed? A big difference? Jim

SRBeef":cchkh1i1 said:
Thanks for the picture. What do you think would he look like finished on grass compared to finished on feed? A big difference? Jim

Hard to say. I'm not sure how long he's been on grain. No creeper feed though, I think he's already had a month or 2 on it. Plus I'm not familiar with BBs.

Without good genetic influence they will not have butt, no matter what you feed them, they will only be fat.

ANAZAZI":2zy2jp82 said:
Without good genetic influence they will not have butt, no matter what you feed them, they will only be fat.

Are you talking BBs or in general?

Edit: Actually that's a stupid question. I retract that.

I knew you would! The genetic does not help cattle if they are starving; and then no cattle have butts and if fodder is decent the ones with butts have good genetics and the others are not so profitable, especially if they need creepfeed and more feed later to stay in shape. A good steer looks like a good steer on good grass only. Feed will improve growth a lot but muscle conformation very much less! I like big rear ends as we say here; 50% end 30% back and 20% front, to determine the value of hanging carcass.

ANAZAZI":is9uf64s said:
I knew you would! The genetic does not help cattle if they are starving; and then no cattle have butts and if fodder is decent the ones with butts have good genetics and the others are not so profitable, especially if they need creepfeed and more feed later to stay in shape. A good steer looks like a good steer on good grass only. Feed will improve growth a lot but muscle conformation very much less! I like big rear ends as we say here; 50% end 30% back and 20% front, to determine the value of hanging carcass.

Sounds logical. Thank you Anazazi.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was a thread with some pics of Those CROWDER WIMENS :cry2:

The answer is abviously YES. I like big buts, and yes he got a nice one. :nod:

3waycross":12ecmf9z said:
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was a thread with some pics of Those CROWDER WIMENS :cry2:

The answer is abviously YES. I like big buts, and yes he got a nice one. :nod:

I hoped so too!

And yes I too like them!

You know what you guys, we could cut, copy and paste 3 ways to Sunday (pun intended my friend) and humiliate the crap out of you all with your big but loving comments.. :lol2:

Looks good Aussie.

hillsdown":18hamn3d said:
You know what you guys, we could cut, copy and paste 3 ways to Sunday (pun intended my friend) and humiliate the crap out of you all with your big but loving comments.. :lol2:

Looks good Aussie.

I offer no apologies. I likes what I likes. You have to remember the two major influences in my life are being raised in an Italian American family , and spending 3 yrs living in the projects in Omaha. I rest my case. Paste away I can take, just don't say they're posty.

grannysoo":1i0edmwb said:
I like big butts too, but this one has one of them ghetto booties. A little much...

We call that a "mantle butt" down here. Big enough to put a clock or other furniture on. :)

cypressfarms":hgadqfbb said:
grannysoo":hgadqfbb said:
I like big butts too, but this one has one of them ghetto booties. A little much...

We call that a "mantle butt" down here. Big enough to put a clock or other furniture on. :)

Andrew Dice Clay had been known to say he put his beer on one while he was busy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ANAZAZI":1t8tsf5n said:

I'm glad you gave me the benefit of the doubt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts