You Canadians ...

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren":1iz87q9q said:
are a bad influence on me!

I've discovered Canadian Club (whisky) and man oh man, its good stuff!

Well Keren - it is not the best - but it is drinkable

You need to get hold of some Wiser's Deluxe or some Alberta Springs

Beats that stuff you are drinking - AND that stuff that comes in a blue bag!

Mind you I happen to like your Yellow Label wine and my Aussie colleagues here in the desert tell me it is not all that good.

Go figure

Enjoy

Bez+

Ouch Keren be careful with that stuff.. :lol2:
How are you drinking it?
The good stuff is Gibsons.

Hubby's dad was drinking Janevere when he was here visiting, it is dutch. If you come across this please say NO !!!!!!!!

That stuff will knock you on your butt in only a couple of ounces. :help:

Bez+":3vl686dz said:

What would your old fly buddies think of that statement???

That blue bag is useful kit once the nectar has been disseminated!

" CC and coke please" - easy to say when under age. :lol2:

AngusLimoX":2zyfpj4m said:
Bez+":2zyfpj4m said:

What would your old fly buddies think of that statement???

That blue bag is useful kit once the nectar has been disseminated!

" CC and coke please" - easy to say when under age. :lol2:

Actually most of my fly boy buddies are into Famous Grouse - I prefer Alberta Springs on the rocks

CC and Crown Royal are pretty decent rust and oil removers though.

Once while stationed in Germany it was cheaper to put vodka in the windshield wiper tank - so I always had booze in the vehicle!!

Cheers (literally and figuratively)

Bez+

3waycross":2p6ft96u said:
What is Alberta Springs. Never heard of it.

It''s a rye whiskey. It used to be really good but I think they changed the recipe, because about 2-3 years ago it didn't taste like it used to. It now tastes closer to CR, which is not a very one of my favorites .

Speaking of liquor has anyone had a bud lime.. YUK....

If they were going for the beer with lime like you drink in Mexico, they missed.. :?

hillsdown":1h2gb3ge said:
3waycross":1h2gb3ge said:
What is Alberta Springs. Never heard of it.

It''s a rye whiskey. It used to be really good but I think they changed the recipe, because about 2-3 years ago it didn't taste like it used to. It now tastes closer to CR, which is not a very one of my favorites .

Speaking of liquor has anyone had a bud lime.. YUK....

If they were going for the beer with lime like you drink in Mexico, they missed.. :?

Beer is meant to be drank cold and straight - made with hops, yeast, malt and water.

Some countries serve it warm

Adding lime to it means it becomes a ladies drink - only pansy men - or those metrosexual males and women would be caught dead drinking it

Bez+

Well, I guess I am no lady then Bez, as I can drink chartruese, drambiue, whiskey with the best of ya.. :lol:

And still walk away not crawl or get in a fight,,guess I am better then you all.. :p

My computer just got hacked , and I am signing off.

Macon, you really need to do some more securirty on here as a few of us are targeted more often than not, and I have top secure systems on my computer..

For all that have my email I will be in touch.. :wave:

Bez you referring to mine beer served warm...some places you can get it both ways warm or cold....and I take umbrage to the only ladies or other sort of men take lime with their beer, as I can tell you my husband is all man and he takes lime with his beer, as he has a very sweet tooth and hates the bitter taste of beer.

Back to the Rye thing...... I was in Casper WY last week and the Hotel was having a managers special. Drinks, snacks and live entertainment in the lobby. I walked up to the Bar and saw Canadian Club sitting there and ordered a "Rye and Coke" The bartender said she didn't have any Rye so I said.... uh.... I'll have the Canadian Club and coke. That worked.
The CC and coke was different than real CC and I figured that perhaps it was a US variety blended with bourban.
Canada has rye Whiskey, and Scotch whiskey, and then there is Bourban. Is that how you spell Bourban?

Anyway, you Americans are missing out on some fine Rye whiskey. Alberta Premium, Alberta springs, are both pretty smooth but there is even better stuff. The annoying thing is that we have to pay 2 to 3 times as much for liqour as you do. But then again.... who would voluntarily drink American whiskey? ugh.

bward":a60ivanw said:
Back to the Rye thing...... I was in Casper WY last week and the Hotel was having a managers special. Drinks, snacks and live entertainment in the lobby. I walked up to the Bar and saw Canadian Club sitting there and ordered a "Rye and Coke" The bartender said she didn't have any Rye so I said.... uh.... I'll have the Canadian Club and coke. That worked.
The CC and coke was different than real CC and I figured that perhaps it was a US variety blended with bourban.
Canada has rye Whiskey, and Scotch whiskey, and then there is Bourban. Is that how you spell Bourban?

Anyway, you Americans are missing out on some fine Rye whiskey. Alberta Premium, Alberta springs, are both pretty smooth but there is even better stuff. The annoying thing is that we have to pay 2 to 3 times as much for liqour as you do. But then again.... who would voluntarily drink American whiskey? ugh.

I love Gibsons Sterling Silver and will move heaven and earth to get some. BUT, there by golly isn't a darned thing wrong with a couple of fingers of Jack Daniels on the rocks.

Besides how can YOU act like a whiskey snob when you mix it with COKE of all things. You might just as well pee in the glass instead.

JD is a pretty good drink, especially if you keep it in the freezer and serve it on ice. Actually all rye is better kept in the freezer. ;-)

JD is at list 30 % more expensive than say CC or Gibsons here though, so it is bought as a treat and hubby gets heck from me if I buy a bottle and it is empty a couple of days later.. :nod:

bward":yedt43i6 said:

Bourbon. Named for a county in KY, which was named for the French royal family--the ones who lost their heads.
Corn whiskey. Some mashes contain a bit of rye in addition to the corn. Cured in charred red oak barrels. Some of it is good enough to make you swallow your tongue.

john250":3bpyjs1q said:
bward":3bpyjs1q said:

Bourbon. Named for a county in KY, which was named for the French royal family--the ones who lost their heads.
Corn whiskey. Some mashes contain a bit of rye in addition to the corn. Cured in charred red oak barrels. Some of it is good enough to make you swallow your tongue.
Not to keen on Whiskey....a drop of JD with coke is not to bad, but if someone wants to offer a small glass of Dalwhinne or Glenfiddich single malt Scotch, I don't think I would say no....not sure I've got that rich friends though, my Dad used to drink them he used to say it was his High day and Holiday drink only, and at £350 - £208 a bottle my Mum said 'To right' I can see now why he went loopy when he caught me and my brother drinking his Whiskey....
alc_VYJV8Z.gif

chrisy":1kh6rpmo said:
Not to keen on Whiskey....a drop of JD with coke is not to bad, but if someone wants to offer a small glass of Dalwhinne or Glenfiddich single malt Scotch, I don't think I would say no....not sure I've got that rich friends though, my Dad used to drink them he used to say it was his High day and Holiday drink only, and at £350 - £208 a bottle my Mum said 'To right' I can see now why he went loopy when he caught me and my brother drinking his Whiskey

Almost always have Glenfiddich, or more recently Aberlour on hand.

Right now sipping on some Famous Grouse that I have never had before, but am liking very much.
Much more adapted to "sipping" than CR Bez, thank you. And listening to the 2008 World Pipe Band Championships.
Always been a fan of JD, sometimes nothing is better.

Cheers!

you can take my word for John, i have cut a lot of white oak and sold to the stave mills around here. Have you ever seen one of the old barrel saws they cut the staves with? Looks like a peice of pipe with saw teeth on it.

Latest posts