You can tell it's almost a full moon........................

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
Had just finished working out in the pasture, and was riding home on board my tractor, when out from the corner of my eye, I spied the darnest biggest coyote I have ever seen, not 100 feet behind me, walking toward the area I had just left, no sooner worried or afraid of me then any of my dogs. That is until I boogies on back out with the rifle, and of course you know the rest...............

Got home sat down to supper, and the dogs started going haywire outside, stepped outside in time to hear the chorus of yotes from all directions.............sure wish there was an easy way to dispatch those things. hate em, hate em, hate em. :cboy:

A friend of mine has problems with them from time to time. He has an electronic call that he swears by. After loosing a couple Jack Russel's to them, He put it to good use.

Saw a big one cross the road and run across a harvested corn field yesterday. Hear lots of 'em around here at night, but they don't let themselves be seen much during the day. Never had any real problems with 'em, though.

Medic24---the hunters left a few gutpiles from the elk they harvested on our place and the coyotes are out howling as I sit here!!! NOT good!!! :shock:

kjones":ksw6915t said:
A friend of mine has problems with them from time to time. He has an electronic call that he swears by. After loosing a couple Jack Russel's to them, He put it to good use.

I sure wish the neighbour would lose a couple of Jack Russel's to them. I hate those yappy dogs worse than the coyotes I think! :shock:

You dont have to tell me about a neighbor with yappy dogs. We have a dog shelter down the road with dozens of dogs that never shut up. Plus they roam around and come onto our property all the time. Lets just say they have several less dogs than before. Sheriff and county seem unwilling to do anything, even though they have many complaints, not only from us but from many other people. We also dont have any animal control in our county, so nothing seems to get done.

Weve never had anything out of the ordinary on full moons, other than everything being lit up all night to where we can see all the pasture late at night, but thats to be expected on full moon.

Medic24":1f9p2uaa said:
By the way, does anyone know for SURE if the bacon grease and foam rubber trick REALLY does the job with them? :cboy:

Can't say about that, but ivomec injected hotdogs do. Just gotta be careful not to let any dogs around it.

Temic will do it - just be careful - it'll do you to. But I wouldn't know cause its illegal to use. ;-)

Latest posts