You CAN make rain

Help Support CattleToday:

KANSAS

Reaction score
I was on a plane about a month ago and read an interesting article. Before I go into it let me say now I do not remember all of the details, but will do my best.

Article pertained to making it rain in either China, Japan, or Korea. (whichever is holding the next olympics). Anyway the article went on to explain that their military is employed to shoot some sort of canister into clouds which helps them to gather the moisture within the cloud into a more concentrated area. This concentration makes the cloud dump its moisture. i.e. rain.

I know it sounds kooky, but unless it was a spoof, (and I dont think it was) why dont we do it here?

I will try to locate the article on the net.

Ok... just found it on the internet. It happens in China.... Check it out for yourself... I typed in (google) artillery makes rain and all sorts of articles on it pop up.

Let me know what you think

So how is this any different then: "The first attempt at cloud seeding was in Massachusetts in 1946. A plane "seeded" a cloud with crushed dry ice and snow began falling out of that cloud. Noted atmospheric scientist Bernard Vonnegut (brother of novelist Kurt Vonnegut) is credited with discovering the potential of silver iodide for use in cloud seeding. "

dun

Herefordcross":wuv1navs said:
used to cloud seed here , not anymore

Wish we had some clouds, period.

We have had cloud buildup off and on recently, I'll admit that. Now, if we could have some that produced moisture that made it all the way to the ground...oh boy, I'm dreaming again.

Alice

I read the same article during a flight to Japan. As somebody already stated it was China. They have a terrible problem with dust blowing off the desert and across most of Asia. Even here in Seoul, when its blowing the sky is yellow, you cant do anything outside (like Breath), and dotn even think about leaving a window open unless you want an inch of yellow dust overnight.

Cloud seading is sort of considered sketchy science at best. Most legitimate climatologist consider its viablility about the same as Vodoo. Im willing to try anything at this point.

Rain Dance anybody?

We kill a snake and hang it on the fence...'bout 70% of the time we get a shower in 3 or 4 days, sometimes sooner.

Over the years, I've noticed how much you get depends on the size of the snake....My wife killed a four foot rat snake early in July, got almost 2 inches three days after putting him on the fence.

I'd use this old proven method of rain production more often, but i hate snakes, they darn near give me a heart attack from 50 feet. Wife ain't real crazy about hunting for them varmits either.

Maybe those dudes in China are on to something....now if we could just get them to try some of our delicious US produced beef.

Bob Graves

bob g":2bujw7a8 said:
We kill a snake and hang it on the fence...'bout 70% of the time we get a shower in 3 or 4 days, sometimes sooner.

Over the years, I've noticed how much you get depends on the size of the snake....My wife killed a four foot rat snake early in July, got almost 2 inches three days after putting him on the fence.

I'd use this old proven method of rain production more often, but i hate snakes, they darn near give me a heart attack from 50 feet. Wife ain't real crazy about hunting for them varmits either.

Maybe those dudes in China are on to something....now if we could just get them to try some of our delicious US produced beef.

Bob Graves

Had a snake come in the house a few weeks ago...found him getting a drink out of the dog water dish. I have an idea he might not work for hanging on a fence...

Alice

Alice":3ax3e2pe said:
bob g":3ax3e2pe said:

Bob Graves

Had a snake come in the house a few weeks ago...found him getting a drink out of the dog water dish.

I hate it when that happens!

I have an idea he might not work for hanging on a fence...

Might this be an indication of the shape he was in after you finished with him? :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not laughing at you, I just have this image of you finding this snake drinking out of the dogs water bowl and what probably followed.

Alice

They used to seed clouds around here years ago. I think they quit because they can't control the amount of rain that falls once it gets started. I don't think that'd be a problem right now though. It would take a lot of water to fill up the empty stock tanks, dried up creek beds, etc. around here.

msscamp":1qhajrb1 said:
Alice":1qhajrb1 said:
bob g":1qhajrb1 said:

Bob Graves

Had a snake come in the house a few weeks ago...found him getting a drink out of the dog water dish.

I hate it when that happens!

I have an idea he might not work for hanging on a fence...

Might this be an indication of the shape he was in after you finished with him? :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not laughing at you, I just have this image of you finding this snake drinking out of the dogs water bowl and what probably followed.

Alice

My grandson was here at the time...he got to the snake before Van did with the butcher knife (Van hates snakes with a passion). Tyler grabbed its tail and tossed him out the door. If Tyler hadn't done that, we probably would not have had much wallpaper and kitchen tile left.

I figured if that snake escaped Van's intentions, he'd be too tough to bring us any rain. :lol2:

Alice

I saw lightning last night!!!!! No rain,didn't even hear thunder,but thats the best we've had for a looooong time..

Latest posts