You all might enjoy this one

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook

Reaction score
A small one light town in central florida
Got a call last night from a fellow that I have cows on. He's a neat guy. Architect and builder, but both his arms are only about 6" long. Birth defect. But he hunts with a rifle using a body sling he designed, bipod tht flips out, and a string system to pull the trigger. He even bow hunts this way. Killing mofo..piles of deer, turkey, hogs. Even mows his yard area with a riding lawn mower he steers with his feet. The backside of his property is all woods he fenced out for hunting, and he gets there by way of a zig zag walk through like you see on horse properties. That's the back story...
The call last night was that I had some cows out that had gotten over on another fellows property. At 9pm. And one newborn calf is separated from it's momma by the fence. So we ride over and get them back in around 11 and walk the fence. Can't find where they got through. This morning we go back over to bring hay, and check the fence again. Well, a few weeks back he had his nephew install another zig zag and the nephew had cut the field fence , but stapled back to the vertical wire that when pulled just pulled the horizontals straight out. He hadn't nailed off behind the knots. I'm half tempted to ask if he stapled the fence back himself. :lol: but I'm glad hes paying attention

I might could figure out how he shot the gun but I ain't got a clue how he shot that bow. Guys like that learn to be very resourceful. I met a man once who had no legs and only one arm. He was born with them but got burned in a fire while still an infant. He could do anything he wanted to do. He was a great shot with a rifle and a good hunter. He was a police officer for a while, would go catch rattle snakes to milk their venom to sale. He said he rode a horse 5 miles one time but said he wouldn't do that again. He was a taxidermist and also did leather work. He made wing bone turkey calls. I met him on one of our Hope Outdoor hunts and he gave me one of the calls he made.

You can also see a sample of his leather work on the call.

20140125_201634-1.jpg

He drew a turkey head and beard on it.

20140125_201821-1.jpg

Latest posts