You’re old

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep!
I've blinked a time or two already. Pretty scary. Seems I'm about the same age as @SmokinM and @Nesikep
I'm in that age category as well, I'll soon be 41. I don't feel old most days though. Sometimes I feel like I'm still in my twenties and some days I wake up and feel 80, usually feel 80 after I think I'm still 20 and do things as I did then LOL.

I'm in that age category as well, I'll soon be 41. I don't feel old most days though. Sometimes I feel like I'm still in my twenties and some days I wake up and feel 80, usually feel 80 after I think I'm still 20 and do things as I did then LOL.
You guys are killing me :ROFLMAO:! I'll be forty in July. I can still out work most guys in their twenties, I just go at it a little smarter than I did 20 years ago.

Yep thats the stuff Nesi. I think you and I are roughly the same vintage. Will be 44 this summer.
Same!
You want to know how the heifer is gonna turn out, go take a look at the cow!
I have examples of all three options, Momma and daughter being identical, Momma having a nicer or an uglier daughter

I will be 65 soon and can work more hours than most in their 20's. But can't do the physical part like I once did.
My last year of work where we kept track of hours (we don't around here), I did 3350 hours... I knew I worked out on the road a lot because from August to Christmas, I didn't use a roll of toilet paper at home!

You guys are killing me :ROFLMAO:! I'll be forty in July. I can still out work most guys in their twenties, I just go at it a little smarter than I did 20 years ago.
That's what I mean by feeling 80 after I do things like in my twenties, have to work smarter. I'd say most of us on this forum can and do outwork most (not all) 20 year olds, farm work ain't for lazy people. I meet some young guys that can get after it. I think I worked harder in my twenties because I was hungry and needed to make the money and build a life where I don't have to hit it as hard.

The first time I felt old was when I was working on a remodel at the college, and they were working with the cameras in the classroom; I could see my thinning hair on the back of my head on the TV screen in the front of the classroom.

My brother once told me:
"You know when I knew I had got old? When I realized I couldn't actually run any more"

I know what he meant now. Ya just kinda walk really fast.....

they were working with the cameras in the classroom; I could see my thinning hair on the back of my head on the TV screen

I came back from overseas the first time and my sisters commented on my hair having a little grey in it at age 21 , but at least it didn't turn loose.

Latest posts