Yotes

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
This AM while driving around I saw 6 of them together. First I thought it was odd that there were that many this time of the year. Is this strange to anyone else? They are usually 2 or 3 since the pups are weaned. but the oddest was the black colored one. Other than the color it looked and was shaped just like all the rest. Is this an outbreed with a domestic or a recesive gene?

Could be what's called a coydog, hybred of the 2. During the winter is when we usually see the biggest packs, other then when there are pups. Seems like there is either a single or a half dozen or more.

Probably a mix.

yotemixa.jpg

I think tomorrow i am going to have to try and get it. I was always told wild dogs and the crosses are the worse.

Here in Northwest Iowa we have seen the coyotes and dogs interbreeding and they are getting huge. There can be wild packs of dogs running around but the coyotes are the worst here. Last summer I saw a coyote that was as large as a full grown German Shepheard. It's terrible becasue we are seeing them run in large packs and more often. Going to have to start buying a bigger guns and lots of shells.