Yet Another Gun Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo

Reaction score
Mods........ go ahead and lock this one up! This is not meant to be political and please - all CT members don't make it so. Just look at this:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1022

Our government at work and decide if you need to contact your elected officials.

Let's not get into right or wrong, left or right, pro or anti. It's just time to express your opinion to our "leaders".

My thoughts,

We have enough gun laws on the book.
Just make a stiffer punishment for those who break them. Why can't these people in congress understand that no mater what gun laws they change it's not going to matter to the criminal.He can and will obtain any kind of weapon he wants on the street.He now knows that when he does break these gun laws and gets caught,in just a matter of time he can be back on the street to do it again.

As far as a fully auto,no they are not really needed for protection(this could change if this law comes into effect) but to ban them is just another foothold into banning all guns. :mad: :mad: All this banning crap is doing is making criminals out of law abiding folks.And we need not to forget the bank robber shoot out where the cops were out gunned out there in California.
If this law passes the criminals will have all the innocent folks outgunned also.
If anyone thinks these laws are going to help the honest citizen they are just ******* in the wind.
So to sum it all up if this law passes we,The law abiding citizen, will probably need to become criminals and get all the semi autos we can get our hands on.
These lawmakers need to understand banning guns don't work.
Inforcing more severely the laws we already have and not giving the criminal another chance to repeat the crime seems to me would work better.

Sorry so long.Cal

Calman":1993omex said:
My thoughts,

We have enough gun laws on the book.
Just make a stiffer punishment for those who break them. Why can't these people in congress understand that no mater what gun laws they change it's not going to matter to the criminal.He can and will obtain any kind of weapon he wants on the street.He now knows that when he does break these gun laws and gets caught,in just a matter of time he can be back on the street to do it again.

As far as a fully auto,no they are not really needed for protection(this could change if this law comes into effect) but to ban them is just another foothold into banning all guns. :mad: :mad: All this banning crap is doing is making criminals out of law abiding folks.And we need not to forget the bank robber shoot out where the cops were out gunned out there in California.
If this law passes the criminals will have all the innocent folks outgunned also.
If anyone thinks these laws are going to help the honest citizen they are just ******* in the wind.
So to sum it all up if this law passes we,The law abiding citizen, will probably need to become criminals and get all the semi autos we can get our hands on.
These lawmakers need to understand banning guns don't work.
Inforcing more severely the laws we already have and not giving the criminal another chance to repeat the crime seems to me would work better.

Sorry so long.Cal

Well said Cal, we all need to join the NRA, we are in for a battle.

This bill doesn;t have anything to do with factory fully auto firearms since they are already restricted and require a special license.
All oif these types of bills will have things in them that can stir people up to support it. The devil is in the details. The clinton ban (which this is) did nothing to decrease firearms violence. Many of the firearms listed are in common use for hunting and sporting use. The little detail that they have iuncluded but not really addressed is that many of the popular sporting firearms can be included. I persoanlly don;t see any real threat from a C96 Mauser (aka Broomhandle) which has a magazine external to the grip.

curtis":7yy26xl7 said:

Curtis joining the NRA is a very bad idea. There is a lot of talk about it putting your name on the list. Just send them cash.

backhoeboogie":3i6kpw2s said:
curtis":3i6kpw2s said:

Curtis joining the NRA is a very bad idea. There is a lot of talk about it putting your name on the list. Just send them cash.

bhb - you and I are probably already on that list already.....

I've been a patron/life/training counselor for years. It's still a great group to have representing you in DC.

NRA might be a good group but they really need to clean house on whoever it is they contract to do their telemarketing. These telemarketers might as well be working for the anti-gun establishment. They are rude, obnoxious and truly hurt the efforts of the NRA.

Jogeephus":z5npr4sv said:
NRA might be a good group but they really need to clean house on whoever it is they contract to do their telemarketing. These telemarketers might as well be working for the anti-gun establishment. They are rude, obnoxious and truly hurt the efforts of the NRA.
I always thought they needed to change the contract with whoever handles their subscriptions. But It is still an important organization to be a member of.

I looked at the link posted, does that mean this was introduced into a commitee in 2007, and how far did it go? I have heard talk that Eric Holder is stirring things up and campaingning for a new assult weapons bill. He is siding with Mexico because Mexico is blaming the U.S. for all the violence it has, what a joke. Dunn is right, this bill has nothign to do with automatic assult weapons, it is truely a step to weakening gun ownership.

dun":23iosk1l said:
This bill doesn;t have anything to do with factory fully auto firearms since they are already restricted and require a special license.
All oif these types of bills will have things in them that can stir people up to support it. The devil is in the details. The clinton ban (which this is) did nothing to decrease firearms violence. Many of the firearms listed are in common use for hunting and sporting use. The little detail that they have iuncluded but not really addressed is that many of the popular sporting firearms can be included. I persoanlly don;t see any real threat from a C96 Mauser (aka Broomhandle) which has a magazine external to the grip.
My dad took me on my first deer hunt in the early 50's. Gave me an M1 carbine. Still have it today saving it for my grandson to shoot as I did for my son. The only human it will ever assault is the one trying to take it.

Jogeephus":2cgkmthe said:

I have been a member of NRA since 1968 and will continue to be unless a better orginization comes along to fight for us to keep our guns. It might not do everything like you like it to but it's all we got.
I for one am glad they are there fighting for us.

Cal

Latest posts