Yet another great discovery

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Emergency Brakes are for sissies:

Dropped off a roll at one of the rental places this evening about an hour after dark. After unloading the roll and going thru gate to leave, I cut the two rear-facing floodlights on the truck on so as to see how to latch gate. Thought something was amiss when the lights started getting dim while I was chaining the gate. Truck was going across field at a pretty good clip by then. After a not-so-brief sprint across the field and a graceful lunge into the seat, I got it stopped about 20' before it ran thru the fence, somehow managing to lay on the horn in the confusion. For a brief moment I contemplated fixing that emergency brake, but then I came to my senses and realized I have made it this far without one, why waste all that time and money on a feed truck. :lol:

cfpinz

ROCKSPRINGS

Reaction score
Saw that happen on the boat ramp .. not good..
Guy pulled his boat out and then got out of truck to secure boat to trailer. I think the weight of the boat pulled the truck into the water. It was a steep ramp.

jkwilson

Reaction score
20 feet before the fence? You've got years to go before you need any sissy emergency brake. I had to dive through the window of an old grain truck and put the brakes on with my hands once. I was young, and it was at least 50 feet from from the equipment shed when I got it stopped.

MillIronQH

Reaction score
I swear I set that emergency brake before that gooseneck trailer drug my pickup into the tank.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.Z

Latest posts