Yes, we did this to our swimming pool

Help Support CattleToday:

Cowgirl... that looks like a wonderful idea! If it were up to me, that is exactly what I would do. Unfortunately I am overruled when it comes to the pool... the kids love it and I must admit, in the heat of the summer after a long day of work, it is pretty refreshing to jump in!

I am lucky that the wife takes care of the pool... all I do is maintain the pump and filter.

When your kids move out maybe you'll remember my garden..Once our kids moved out no one swam in it...During the summer i turn my hot tub down to 96...love sitting in it year round.

cowgirl8":2eonl4lo said:
When your kids move out maybe you'll remember my garden..Once our kids moved out no one swam in it...During the summer i turn my hot tub down to 96...love sitting in it year round.
We only have one left at home and she is a senior in college... I do have a couple of 9-month old twin Grandbabies and some Nieces and Nephews who like swimming in the pool. I think it is here to stay!

We have a hot tub as well... I really do enjoy that! Crank that thing up to 104 and let me soak my pains away!

Forreal, i sit in mine every morning and watch the sun come up and listen to my cows wake up...

Hello Guys,

I am planning to have a swimming pool at my home. What safety tips should I keep in mind while constructing the pool?

Thanks

callmefence":21gpy80g said:
alli21":21gpy80g said:
Hello Guys,

I am planning to have a swimming pool at my home. What safety tips should I keep in mind while constructing the pool?

Thanks

Your gonna need to put a fence around it.
Electrified razor wire sound about right??

Second on the fence around it. Your home insurance rate will go up because of drowning hazard..if you can get insurance.

sim.-ang.king":17yrzwsc said:
callmefence":17yrzwsc said:
alli21":17yrzwsc said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks

Just make sure you use a GFI on it, wouldn't want any electrical accidents! (Of course, this is a joke).
Contact your insurance company and see what they require.

sim.-ang.king":33gzqx3l said:
callmefence":33gzqx3l said:
alli21":33gzqx3l said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks

Just fine....if you can't afford a wall

We generally recommend privacy, chain link or pipe and no climb for pools. Hard to climb, keeps out critters and leaves.

If in a city limits or HOA area you will probably be subject to specs. Typically at Least 4 ' tall , no more than 4 " spacing on pickets, and self closing, self latching gates. Privacy fence will have to be built (pretty side out) or with the horizontal runners to the pool side.

slick4591 said:
alli21 said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks

Cattle guard around it would be nice.

+1 on the guard/fence/wall..........also keep the critters out when complete will make is safer health wise.....

WZZYmbL.jpg

e3whMqh.jpg

We had a fence around ours. Everything wants to get in it and I didn't want to walk out one morning to find a cow in it.
Also go salt water.

We had a above ground pool...
First year it was new still cool. Second year it got old cleaning it. 3rd year didn't having time to clean it nor enjoy it...new wore off. I tried to give it away to EVERYONE no luck. We took it down to move it by our shop.... talk about some good times. We don't have water there. Hauled, water pumped, water hauled.... turn out the POS had a small hole. Looked at every local store for a patch kit no luck... by this time I was 😡🤬 I just to the tractor and had a blast!! Best time with the pool!! 😂🤣 wish I got it on video. 👏🏾

Chevy said:

First year it was new still cool. Second year it got old cleaning it. 3rd year didn't having time to clean it nor enjoy it...new wore off. I tried to give it away to EVERYONE no luck. We took it down to move it by our shop.... talk about some good times. We don't have water there. Hauled, water pumped, water hauled.... turn out the POS had a small hole. Looked at every local store for a patch kit no luck... by this time I was 😡🤬 I just to the tractor and had a blast!! Best time with the pool!! 😂🤣 wish I got it on video. 👏🏾
aww that makes me sad. any camping section or air mattress will have a patch kit in it. for a small hole duct or gorilla tape will work until you can order something on line. I love my bag of water on sticks! it will be 6 years I have had it up in the Arizona sun.

if you decide to try again, or for anybody that wants to learn the simplest, easiest way to care for a swimming pool I highly recommend https://www.troublefreepool.com/forums/

🙌🏽 Hey but kids have the biggest sand box EVER. I'm not going to lie we used the pool definitely got our monies worth out of it. Now the kids have a BLAST in the HUGE sand box. 😎
Do what makes you happy and if they old pool was bring bad vibes filling it in it much better. 👍🏽❤ Life is to short for anything that brings bad vibes. I always joke and say stuff that ticks me off" I'm fittin' to throw it in the creek." This ranges from my phone to cars to anything...lol haven't put anything any that creek although my husband did one time.... 😂🤣 I had a rose bush I joked about throwing it in the creek 😂🤣 so he did. 😂🤣👏🏾 I really was going to move it to a different location. Funny! 😁

Hippie Rancher said:
Chevy said:

aww that makes me sad. any camping section or air mattress will have a patch kit in it. for a small hole duct or gorilla tape will work until you can order something on line. I love my bag of water on sticks! it will be 6 years I have had it up in the Arizona sun.

if you decide to try again, or for anybody that wants to learn the simplest, easiest way to care for a swimming pool I highly recommend https://www.troublefreepool.com/forums/

I'm not trying to sound like a spoiled brat or anything. I did try to give the pool away and put it on line for free. No luck. I really was going to pick up the side and drain water the little water that was left in the bottom, it didn't go as planned. <----- story of my life. We went to every store around this geography challenge place where I live they didn't have any patch kits. If they did carry them they didn't have any in stock. I could have order off line and did look wasn't worth the cost of shipping. I have 2 small children I worry about them getting in the pool and drowning. Yes I do watch them, kids are fast and sneaky. So for now we have a little kiddie duckie pool that is drained every day. Thanks for the information. ❤👍🏽

no prob, I know how aggravating they can be to keep clean. had a big Sears above ground for years, could NEVER get the green out. it got trashed in a freak flood event back in 2006. got the current pool in 2013 and learned from that website what my previous problem was. even with the too-small pump and filter that came with the Intex, I could keep it clean. if you ever do another one, go ahead and get the biggest pump and sand filter (or go nuts and order real pool equipment) and follow the TFP/BBB method from that site. it is a piece of cake to keep it sparkling clear and purty.

Latest posts