Yellow Jackets & coyotes

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
I was really surprised at how effective a Remington Yellow Jacket is. A big male coyote sitting facing me (daring me) at 75 yards. Center front chest, he took off running for about 25 yards and piled up dead.

The little 22 gets "no respect".. It'll kill you as the same kinda dead as a Moab.
I can't say the game I've taken by 22 long rifle and mag. Because of the idiot mad scientist x lawman at tpwd.

dun":7x5iihvq said:
I was really surprised at how effective a Remington Yellow Jacket is. A big male coyote sitting facing me (daring me) at 75 yards. Center front chest, he took off running for about 25 yards and piled up dead.
Good job, wish you were my neighbor- just saw 2 coyote at 75 yrs in open field. Like to see you take out both of them

callmefence":1zp90ryn said:
The little 22 gets "no respect".. It'll kill you as the same kinda dead as a Moab.
Just ask JFK about the .221 Remington Fireball XP-100

(Oh wait... you can't)
but watch the Zapruder film and you tell me if the kill shot (at about frame 312) came from behind him or not
There was a death bed confession in the '90s by a man claiming to have been 1 of the "3 tramps" photographed
in Dealy plaza and that he had delivered an XP-100 that morning to a man in the parking lot by the grassy knoll.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iU83R7rpXQY

Shot a coyote yesterday morning in the calving lot with a 22. Probably 150 yards standing broadside. I held just below the top of his back. He took off running and disappeared along the fence. I walked down there 10 minutes later and found him dead along the fence.

dun":kbjumxld said:
Dun get you some Aguila Super Max to try as well.
Those bad boys hum at 1750 fps every 22 LR I own is loaded with them
Almost gets 22 up to mag speed they have taken out every kind of critter you can think of around here.
I keep a 10/22 by every door JIC.
Best part about 22 LR you didn't broadcast to the whole country like a 223 or 22 Hornets

I like the .22 up to about 50 yards with standard LR's.. I've shot all sorts of stuff with it that ought not be shot with a .22, it all wound up dead though.. Shot placement becomes more and more important with the smaller calibers at any distance though.. I'm patient, and don't hesitate to call off the shot if I'm not 100% certain it's going where I want it to.
The .22 will go right through a 2 1/2" piece of seasoned, HARD fir wood plank... falls out the other side, but does make it through!

Caustic Burno":101iy8km said:
dun":101iy8km said:
Dun get you some Aguila Super Max to try as well.
Those bad boys hum at 1750 fps every 22 LR I own is loaded with them
Almost gets 22 up to mag speed they have taken out every kind of critter you can think of around here.
I keep a 10/22 by every door JIC.
Best part about 22 LR you didn't broadcast to the whole country like a 223 or 22 Hornets
I still have a couple of bricks of yellow jackets. I found that in a couple of match rifles I have they shoot as well as Eley Ten X.
It's all in how they are throated

Mat Man":sp76giez said:
Are they better than CCI stingers?
For accuracy with the chambers in my rifles and Contenders they are.
Only way to know is to shoot them both. Stingers won;t cycle my Weatherby XXII but the yellow jackets do

Latest posts