Yellow Aphids

Help Support CattleToday:

Texasmark

Reaction score
According to what I can glean off the www, Transform WG was initially used for the Sugar Cane Aphid and more recently Sivanto SL 200 came out specifically directed at that pest. Bees were a concern, but on non flowering Sorghum-Sudan summer hay crops, there is nothing to attract the Bee if you cut it when you should which I do.

I have the Google Search Engine and nowhere could I find a source for either insecticide. Found that odd, but lots of reports these days about users of platforms being spoon fed certain types of things and other things of a contrasting nature being blocked or omitted. So.....I am a STO and not looking for much. I no longer have an applicator's license and in Texas purchases of restricted products are sometimes allowed if in a quart or smaller container. That's what I'm looking for.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you checked with Estes Chemical? They have locations at several places across North Texas.

I doubt you are going to find the small quart container package for anything that will work on sugarcane aphids

Was still digging this AM and summarizing, Malathion is a recommended control for aphids and appears as a less effective treatment than Transform and Silvanto, but a recommended treatment none-the-less on the TAMU field usage report and it is available lots of places locally , recommended AT 50%, Malathon 5, running about 1 quart per 50 gallons of water.....that's about $15...... Guess what folks. That's going to be my first run this year and I'll see what happens.