• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

YEEK!

peg4x4

Reaction score
I was rideing "Buzzy" (powerchair) on the riverwalk,dodging branches when I noticed that one had EYES!!!! A Copperhead about 2ft long on the walkway! "Buzzy"shyed like it really was a pony (ok,my hand jerked) The darn thing just sat there,head up,watching me.. I wished for some blue paint,or at least a camera,but had neither.. I left it there,no way to kill it,and was in a park..

hillsdown

Reaction score
Peg, you are going to have to wear spurs when you ride Buzzy next time... :lol2:

I am glad, only this one time, that you did NOT take a pic.. ;-)

You be careful on your outings girlfriend.. :tiphat:

Ryder

Reaction score
Better start carrying a hoe* with you on your outings. You sould never have to pass up a good opportunity to kill a snake because of lack of equipment.

*I am talking about the kind you use in a garden. Not the kind some people use on Sat. night.

peg4x4

Reaction score
I had my grabber stick and my hickory cane,but I didn't want to get that close..or bring a stick in the house I'd whaked a snake with!!
Hey,did y'all see that new one seater electric car they'r bring out? If I carry an umbrella,I got that!! A convertable even! :lol2: Honestly,I can run 3 miles before the charge lights start going out! Not much is out of reach in this small town,but I can't carry much.
Have sort of a pack saddle on one arm,and a kangroo pouch on the back. Found a sorta fannypack that Ive put on the back also.. Gotta watch and not let anything rub on the wheels. I get to go to "Yesterfest" downtown today for the first time. :banana:
Oh,got some photos on a disc,when my son shows me how,I'll show you where I live. :wave:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Yep. Its a shame you didn't have any indiglo blue paint to mark the critter before it either bites someone or gives someone a heart attack. Gotta ask you a question. Did you SEE the snake or did your subconcious mind SEE the snake? (if this makes any sense) I sometimes wonder if we are not hard-wired in our brains from some primeaval instinct to pick up on snakes in our subconcious mind's eye. Lots of times I'll pick up on them when I don't really see them. (I hope this makes sense)

peg4x4

Reaction score
I was bird watching and moved over to miss a "stick" when it looked at me.. I'm real bad about not seeing snakes. Never been bitten,mabe they don't see me ether.. I'm looking now,guess I'd gotten out of the habit.

gimpyrancher

Reaction score
I got better batteries and get about 10 miles now even with some hills. I ride an OmegaTrac powerchair, the wife is on my lap and used to haul my Service Dog on a rear shelf and still got over 10 miles before a re-charge. I have 10 laptop type 12 volt batteries wired onboard. Faster recharges also. Keep wheel'n.

Latest posts