yearly feed costs

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
what are your feed costs for a year. I just recently started looking at hay,grain,mineral,supplement, anything they eat. WOW. I spent over $20,000 on hay this year. I don't even want to calculate the rest. Thank our gov. for making fuel,oil,fertilizer,taxes go up while wages,crop prices,some cattle prices go down.

plbcattle":1xfit7do said:
what are your feed costs for a year. I just recently started looking at hay,grain,mineral,supplement, anything they eat. WOW. I spent over $20,000 on hay this year.

$20,000 on hay could be a lot or not very much, depends on the cost per head.

I know with the hay prices down here, that part of the equation is going to double this year. I'd say we'll be at least $250 head in groceries this year (hay, feed, minerals).

I have close to around 500 bales. I only need 350-400. I am not going through what I went through last year. I plan on putting up around another 100 bales. It is irrigated, horse quality hay that costs me $40 per bale. I am grazing my hay ground and buying hay. Don't know how it will work out but I needed the pasture and this hay I've got is twice as good as mine. It has a pivot and is sprigged Bermuda grass that gets plenty of fertilizer put to it.

If I could keep what I spent on feed yearly-- I'd be a rich woman.
Kinda makes me sick knowing how much money I spend every year -- and how much I actually get to keep as income.

Seems that someone that handles that kind of money ought to be living better than I do. :(

Howdyjabo":3psxsk4b said:
Seems that someone that handles that kind of money ought to be living better than I do. :(

Someone is, it's the cows!

dun

Gotta admit I'm doing a little better than the calves
But......... that ain't saying much

All they got is a place to hang out,feed and water :)

Latest posts