Yearling Hereford Sired Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here are our heifers sired by our 2 Hereford bulls. I'm pretty happy with how they are looking, feel free to criticize.

Sire #350R, For Aaron, these our our heifers out of the Diamond bull you asked about

Out of a Hereford/Angus, Black Baldy cow
tn_DSC07506.jpg

Out of a Hereford/Angus, Black Baldy cow
tn_DSC07501.jpg

Out of a mostly Angus with a little Tarentaise thrown in. Black cow
tn_DSC07498.jpg

Out of a Hereford/Angus, Black Brockle faced cow
tn_DSC07489.jpg

Out of a Hereford cow
tn_DSC07485.jpg

Out of an Angus, Black cow
tn_DSC07481.jpg

Sire #120N, Our old Hereford which we no longer have.

Out of an Angusx, Red Cow
tn_DSC07512.jpg

Hi Randi !

Just wondering what the sire of these heifer's is ???? you mentioned 350R ....do you have his pedigree ???

jenran

jenran":2mc7nwel said:
Hi Randi !

Just wondering what the sire of these heifer's is ???? you mentioned 350R ....do you have his pedigree ???

jenran

Here you go H70-Quantock RKY 350R, Reg # C02871085

Sire SH Diamond 03L by JNHR 414 Diamond 164D

Dam H70-Quantock Tiskow 218L by BL-CR Metiskow 048H

I like the third one. I don't like the way second one's neck goes into her shoulders. The last one looks like she'll make a nice cow.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":v2jzjb1j said:
Randi, sorry, but by the pictures, they look pretty small. I'm sure when the weather warms up, you'll be able to put some more weight on them for breeding.

They are weighing in around 750-800lbs right now. Some of the bigger ones might be hitting 850 lbs. Not too small right now, it is what ours are usually weighing around this time.

OLF":1jath459 said:
I like the third one. I don't like the way second one's neck goes into her shoulders. The last one looks like she'll make a nice cow.

Thank you OLF, for your comments. I think what you are seeing in the second one is that all the hair is worn off her neck from the feeder? Maybe it is something else though....

Thanks, Bigbull

Ala, they do have to work for their living here. They didn't gain near as well as we like, with the cold weather we had this winter. They got 4 lbs of barley and self fed cut feed (alfalfa/lentil straw mix).

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1tazgd9z said:
Randi - pictures can be soooo deceiving. I never would have guessed them to weigh that much. They should be right on schedule for breeding season.

Well, with nothing to compare them to, it is hard to guess size :) . Most of them were weighing in the mid 500's to low 600's last September. They should work just fine.

Latest posts