Yearling Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Boot Jack Bulls

Reaction score
I finally had decent weather and time to do a little clipping on my yearling bulls. They passed this round, and have earned their nose rings! They are all Aug/Sept 2017 born, sired by JFCC Silverado.

Boot Jack Milo, out of Emerald's Miss Gold (blk Angus) yearling weight of 1055.

Boot Jack Elroy, out of Boot Jack Elizabeth (pb Limi), yearling weight of 1080.

Boot Jack Percy, out of Boot Jack Petra ( high percentage Limi), yearling weight of 990.

Boot Jack Lester, out of Boot Jack Lonna (pb Limi), yearling weight of 1050.

And the all important butt pic!

I really like the Boot Jack Elroy and Lester bulls.. Great set of bulls.

Coosh71":zcizyl6m said:
Solid young bulls.
Thanks!
gizmom":zcizyl6m said:
Nice group of bulls, I am way to old and tired to clip my bulls.

Gizmom
I clip all of my cattle. It's more about testing their docility and keeping them used to being handled than a "pretty them up" thing for me. The bulls, regardless of age, go through the chute at least once a month when they are home (Max is the exception, I just brush him out whenever he comes to the barn). These guys just got the long stray hairs knocked off and sheaths cleaned off (also something done every two months or so). Thanks for your kind words!

holm25":pf6ynx32 said:
I really like the Boot Jack Elroy and Lester bulls.. Great set of bulls.
Thanks Holm! I wish I had better pictures of Milo (and could register him!)....he is the most complete of the group. Elroy is the super docile and showy one of the group. Lester and Percy would be interesting to turn out together on a larger group of females.

frieghttrain":2u5z9tqw said:
Looking good Bootjack! You should try a fullblood one of these days ;)

If I could find the right one, I would be interested!

Workinonit Farm":2u5z9tqw said:
I especially like Percy.

Nice looking young bulls.

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words all! I felt since I freely give critique, it was only fair to put some of my own on display.

Latest posts