yearling bull price

Help Support CattleToday:

the seller is going to pay the BSE and the trich test on the new bull that i bought.they are also paying to transfer the papers to me.plus delivering him for free.

bigbull338":2y89qoef said:
the seller is going to pay the BSE and the trich test on the new bull that i bought.they are also paying to transfer the papers to me.plus delivering him for free.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: ;-)

of course they are Bigbull that's how it works.

bigbull338":37co2pk9 said:

That's great, but all figured into the price.

figured in or not i dont buy cattle that far away with out it being in the deal.besides he is bringing his bosses kids show calves to the sale and show we are meeting at.i just hope he dont run out of diesel this time lolol

Answer to all the questions is located at www.MidwestMarketer.com/April4,2015 the title to the article is Extension expert offers herd bull purchase tips. In this article John Grimes Beef cattle expert said "There is simply too much risk involved in beef production today for the producers to take a chance on a choosing a herd sire without knowing its genetics, health and fertility." Its a good read that makes sense. :wave:

supposing you are keeping your own bull.
are we just going off of the sire/dams genetic history then?
just do it as if he was being sold. so it would be no different except you would keep him yourself.
I ask this as I have a bull im going to keep for my herd.
im running into the what to do with him now as he isn't ready to be turned out but at 8 mos he is too old to be in with weaning hiefers.

trace3.png

trace2.png

trace1.png

trace.png

yeah the pics suck..he wouldn't pose...but he is from our bull..polled mandate III and one of our reg cows.
8 mos I think its time to get him away from the other 3 hiefers in there with him

dieselbeef":1dotbeyf said:
supposing you are keeping your own bull.
are we just going off of the sire/dams genetic history then?
just do it as if he was being sold. so it would be no different except you would keep him yourself.
I ask this as I have a bull im going to keep for my herd.
im running into the what to do with him now as he isn't ready to be turned out but at 8 mos he is too old to be in with weaning hiefers.

We have our intact bull calves penned separately from the steers, weaned heifers, bred heifers and bred cows.

They will be where they are until sold, castrated or turned out around July 1st.

I h ave my yearling bull with my old bull, a big steer, and 2 late calver cows.. everyone gets along fine... it's not a problem unless cows are in heat nearby, and they're tucked well out of sight of those happenings

gizmom":o4eyp83u said:
This has been a very interesting thread. I am amazed to see that anyone would say they can find a yearling bull for 1500.00. I can only see two ways that a person could find a yearling bull for that price and they are:

1. The bull is junk.
gizmom

I see 'em all the time--and bought for that price-----------------and for that reason, but seller always thinks he has a $2500-$3000 herdbull prospect--especially if it has the all important-annointed by gawd hisself black hide.

he looks kike he is going to have some muscle in his hips.but i really cant tell till you get him on full feed for 60 to 90 days to see how he is filling out.by full feed i mean have him eating 20 to 25lbs of feed a day.yes i know its costly.but its not cheap raising a bull.

I don't know anything about beefmaster but I think you can find a better bull than that calf.

muddy DB is learning and its hard for him to pay $4000 to $7000 for a reg beefmaster bull to go with his cows.

Wouldn't it be nice if AI catalogs published 7 month pics of their Bulls?

Careful might fall off that horse