yearling bull price

Help Support CattleToday:

mostly id like to try it out for myself to see what i end up with. his sire/dam references are good so he should at least be good on paper. i have no intention of registering him but i could if he was to meet the inspection process. both his parents are reg beefmasters
bigbulls right. i ve got 18 cows and the bull plus thier calfs...its all i can do so its a long time to recoup a huge sum outlayed for a nice bull.
i guess if pooled all the money from selling the old bull and sold this guy i could buy one but idk what this one would bring and then id have none if it wasnt enough.
so im gonna push this one along and see how it turns out..gotta start somewhere right?

DB where you are if you can find a reg beefmaster bull.its my guess that he would cost you between $4000 and $6000.roughly 3 to 4 $1500 calves.

We went to a meeting many years ago, the speaker was a packer rep. She said the major issue with most purebred breeders was they thought if a bull had great genetics then he must be good. She said if more of them would buy a knife the industry would be better off. Another thing she talked about was how high strung ( crazy) animals would be dark cutters ( could be another thread topic) which I found very interesting

Gizmom

gizmom i agree with you on both counts.a reg breeder should cull his bull calves very heavy.that is why havent kept any bulls.now in the last year i bought cows that i wanted a bull calf out of.the 1st had a heifer calf.the 2nd has yet to calve.now this is where ill upset you.but it has proved itself right to my way of thinking.i can pen my reg cows with ease using feed.but i have 1 angus x beefmaster 2nd cows that go wild if they think they are going tobe penned.lets say when they do you better get out of their way.guess ill keep them till they tick me off once to often.

Gonna be interesting in the next few years as the feed efficiency trend continues - I've heard that flighty cattle tend to be more efficient, but that goes against meat quality.

bigbull338":16reyt4g said:
DB where you are if you can find a reg beefmaster bull.its my guess that he would cost you between $4000 and $6000.roughly 3 to 4 $1500 calves.

yeah that's pretty close. ive actually had Derek frenzel out here one day he was making his rds in fl. how he found me idk but he said he could sell me a good bull for about 4k plus shippin from texas.
he turned me on to some fl breeders but none of them really seem interested and I could use some guidance so it was hard to drive 3 hrs to go see a ull for 4k when the guy on the phone just seemed to busy to give me 15 mins. I can pick a decent one but I don't wanna get beat up cuz im not as smart as the guy sellin it to me.
beefmasters are kinda far between round here

Supa Dexta":3c53597b said:
Gonna be interesting in the next few years as the feed efficiency trend continues - I've heard that flighty cattle tend to be more efficient, but that goes against meat quality.

For some, it'll be just some other curve to try to bend/break.

I like me some balanced, fertile, hardy cattle ... who carry genetics for the correct muscle fiber type.