yearling bull price

Help Support CattleToday:

I think most of the commoner angus bulls are priced at private treaty for 5-7. You and Vic need more for your bulls than 3500. Only know of one GV breeder around here. You have a lot better type., gs

Depends entirely on the animal. One Gelbvieh sale I attended they no saled some at $2500. The four I was interested in averaged $10500. The other sale I attended had a lot in the 3-5 range. I bought 4 for $3250 average. Several that barely made $2000 of less. Just depends on what people are looking for.

Around here probably $2,500 and up in many breeds. A lot is going to hinge on the breeders name. A well known breeder is obviously asking and getting more for breeding stock than a smaller guy who maybe has just as good of stock.

I wouldn't sell my crossbred yearling bull for under $2000... My asking price is $2500, and if I don't get it he's getting used on heifers this year as I think he'll be a much safer bet than the Limo I have.. and then I'll have a proven bull by next spring and he'll be worth that in meat anyhow.

From what I've seen of your stock I'd consider $3500 a deal :)

Unfortunately here it absolutely depends on breed and you know where I'm headed with that. Hereford would be one slight exception and you'd still get beat up. Here they would have weighed 3way's red bull before they sold him but they will still buy the calves!

yearling bulls are generally priced at $250 pre month of age or more depending on the bull.

We averaged $4500 on the bulls we just sold on our small bull sale - lowest was $3500, highest was $7000. Most bulls around our area are selling in the 3500 - 4500 range. Calving ease/heifer bulls are selling at a premium - no matter the breed.

bigbull338":335r1udi said:
yearling bulls are generally priced at $250 pre month of age or more depending on the bull.

tell the truth. that's what you would like to buy them for........ :lol2:

Sold two yearlings recently to Wisconsin for $3500 each. I have one left at $4000. All are good specimens of my breed.
Sold a grass fed weaning bull calf for $1500 to a Maryland cattleman. (calf is not registered, but good stock)

$3500 is a strong yearling bull price for my breed.

Remember that most bull calves could have been sold as steers last fall for at least $1500.00. Our Extension guy that is in charge of the bull test and sale, says that bulls have to bring at least $2400 for producers to break even.

true muleskinner most sales are starting bulls at 2500, think im in for at least 5 1000 bills for a new purchase

double v":3n9qcdz5 said:
true muleskinner most sales are starting bulls at 2500, think im in for at least 5 1000 bills for a new purchase

With your taste in bulls you may have to double that number

around here i can buy a top end reg yearling bull for $2500 to $3000.but thats because i know the breeder.but i buy bulls ready to turn with the cows at 2 to 2.5yrs old.now that will cost me $5000 or more.in dec i could of bought a friends bull at auction for $3500 or less and that bull was 2.5yrs old.he ran on 15 cows as clean up for 2yrs.

bigbull338":2n89uz0y said:
around here i can buy a top end reg yearling bull for $2500 to $3000.but thats because i know the breeder.but i buy bulls ready to turn with the cows at 2 to 2.5yrs old.now that will cost me $5000 or more.in dec i could of bought a friends bull at auction for $3500 or less and that bull was 2.5yrs old.he ran on 15 cows as clean up for 2yrs.

I have a hard time believing that a "top end" bull would sell for that. You can't touch what should have been a steer around here for that.

edit: not calling you a liar, just hard to grasp the apparent difference in geographies.

Latest posts