Yearling bull breed??? (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks to you all for weighing in, here is the latest on the bull...

It has been confirmed to us by the previous owner that he is out of a Santa Gertrudis bull and Angus cow. Not a speck of longhorn in him.

I have put the heifers in a pasture away from the bull and am still up in the air as far as what the plan is.

If they were my heifers, I would sell the AnGert and get a Longhorn. Either way, I will be the one pulling or not pulling next winter.

In regard to the fires... They are between us and Running Arrow, about 1,000,000 acres now. More than 10,000 head killed and maimed. Our prayers and thoughts are with those affected.

Wow, not disputing the former owner, but that bull sure has a lot of white and spots to be out of a Gert/Angus cross. I've seen a fair number of Gert/Angus calves and none displayed in that manner. But I guess the white on his body could have come from the Shorty part of the Gert.

Very sad situation with the drought, hay shortage and now all those fires. Sure hope you continue to stay safe and unscorched -- you too, RAB.

seriuously, casterate that bull and go get a real bull in australia
we would not even bother with an animal like, if all your cattle look like that go sell them all and buy a few real good quality animals. ;-)

Latest posts