yankee

Help Support CattleToday:

ropinranger":3ah0yuaz said:
I am sure that by "yankee attitude" he is referring to folks from up north that want to move here and "change" everything to the way they had it up there, so, we ask, why move here? And/or, he could be referring to all those folks up north that demean all of us, inbred, uneducated, bigoted, gun crazy, racist southerners....

That said, here in Texas, we usually make fun of folks from north of the red for a year or three, then, if they are good folk, we continue to tease them a bit, but in a "good" way. If they aren't good folk, or complain about being here, or whine about being called "Yankee" then we add the "dammm" prior to the "yankee".

Very well said. And I added some. I hope you don't mind.

My mother's best friend thru HS and her husband, lived their working life in Detroit. He worked in insurance and she taught school. He was on the school board in Detroit. You can say these folks contributed to the destuction of Detroit. They have a son in Texas, in the oil biz. So they moved to Midland, TX to be close to the son. In 2 yrs they moved back to Indiana (our loss). They garden, and the climate wouldn't permit their favorite crops. But they also like to talk politics.Betty kept my mom up to 2 AM EST to watch Obummers accptance lecture in 2012. So, I can't fault Texans for putting a label on Yankees

ropinranger":3k748mdv said:
I am sure that by "yankee attitude" he is referring to folks from up north that want to move here and "change" everything to the way they had it up there, so, we ask, why move here? And/or, he could be referring to all those folks up north that demean all of us, inbred, uneducated, bigoted, gun crazy, racist southerners....

That said, here in Texas, we usually make fun of folks from north of the red for a year or three, then, if they are good folk, we continue to tease them a bit, but in a "good" way. If they aren't good folk, or complain about being here, then we add the "dammm" prior to the "yankee".

Love the food, laid back lifestyle, landscape, Texas good economy and jobs, lot of reasons! There I go putting food number one again! That's why I'm fat! :lol:

M-5":2es23ypb said:
Jogeephus":2es23ypb said:
Might shorten the time if you learn how to pronounce the word roof.

and CAR and CAR KEYS and BEER and QUARTER

Heel for hill or peel for pill. Do what now? Y'all. Nashvull Louavull Greenvull. Fixin to. So many southernisms.

NECowboy":1s5uzas7 said:
ropinranger":1s5uzas7 said:

That said, here in Texas, we usually make fun of folks from north of the red for a year or three, then, if they are good folk, we continue to tease them a bit, but in a "good" way. If they aren't good folk, or complain about being here, then we add the "dammm" prior to the "yankee".

Love the food, laid back lifestyle, landscape, Texas good economy and jobs, lot of reasons! There I go putting food number one again! That's why I'm fat! :lol:

I'm gonna bring ya up at the next meeting necowboy. I think I can get ya in if you can get rid of 10 mescuns.

callmefence":35qkvigy said:
NECowboy":35qkvigy said:
ropinranger":35qkvigy said:

I'm gonna bring ya up at the next meeting necowboy. I think I can get ya in if you can get rid of 10 mescuns.

Ur too nice fence, how's life haven't talked to ya in a while!

ropinranger said:
I am sure that by "yankee attitude" he is referring to folks from up north that want to move here and "change" everything to the way they had it up there, so, we ask, why move here? quote]

We have the same problem here except it is Californians, Texans, and Yankees (to me people from the Northeast) moving here and telling us how to do things.
I do have a problem with the whole "Yankee" thing in Texas. Back in 1972 I went to Texas in the fall to rodeo. I hadn't been in the state three days and I was in one heck of a fist fight with some idiot who thought he should whip me because I was a "yankee". I had never said a word to him or any of his friends before the first punch was thrown. Sort of left a bad taste in my mouth (and a few less teeth in his).

Dave":1critrhp said:
We have the same problem here except it is Californians, Texans, and Yankees (to me people from the Northeast) moving here and telling us how to do things.
I do have a problem with the whole "Yankee" thing in Texas. Back in 1972 I went to Texas in the fall to rodeo. I hadn't been in the state three days and I was in one heck of a fist fight with some idiot who thought he should whip me because I was a "yankee". I had never said a word to him or any of his friends before the first punch was thrown. Sort of left a bad taste in my mouth (and a few less teeth in his).
Can't say I'm surprised. I knew a guy that every time he went anywhere, he'd pick out someone--anyone-- and it was "I'm gonna try him on for size and just see whut he's really made of..."
I saw him get whipped 3 times in one night--by the same feller.
(I never said he was very bright)

Don't be upset Dave, Yankees lives matter too. I work with Yankees, some have lived here most their lives. Humor, mentality, and accent are quite different. My wife is a Yankee and was surprised to find that out while we were dating. You would have never known. I gig her about it every now and then. You can tell her family is when you get around em. Most people I deal with in Houston seem to be Yankees. Lol.

NECowboy":1o8gmq79 said:
callmefence":1o8gmq79 said:
NECowboy":1o8gmq79 said:

Things are good enough. I figured you still had your azz stuck in the fence. ;-)

Anyways I think we can do 6 mescuns , you gotta drive post for me for week. Then go help caustic burno out with his hog problem. He's starting to scare people :shock:
We ain't gonna call ya tex. But we won't call ya Yankee. :D

callmefence":vktlxv0p said:
NECowboy":vktlxv0p said:
callmefence":vktlxv0p said:

Things are good enough. I figured you still had your azz stuck in the fence. ;-)

Anyways I think we can do 6 mescuns , you gotta drive post for me for week. Then go help caustic burno out with his hog problem. He's starting to scare people :shock:
We ain't gonna call ya tex. But we won't call ya Yankee. :D

Nah haven't done much serious fencing lately or tree removal prob in another month or so.

Glad to help ya fence although it will kick my butt the first week. Hog hunting sounds fun too or hog annihilation! :lol:

Dave":15fc2woj said:
We have the same problem here except it is Californians

Ah, yes, the Californians. They're great people, aren't they...... :bang: :deadhorse: :drink: :bang:

I was born in New Jersey but lived almost my entire life in rural Alabama. :cry2:

Latest posts