Yankee / Rebel Test

Help Support CattleToday:

99 % Dixie. What's up with that? And what about "Throughout the southern US and Texas" Somebody needs to get a look at a globe! Isn't Brownsville farther south than Miami? No state other than Florida goes more south than Texas does!

Sorry. Texas goes farther south than Florida. Brownsville shows to be lower than Key West. Miami is lower on the map than Corpus Christi.

warpaint":18pi9xx7 said:
100% Dixie. Ask me if General Lee was my Grandpappy. Had to tell em naw, my Great, Great Uncle!! ;-)

Me too Warpaint! We must be kin somewhere down the line! :lol:

backhoeboogie":3g9o3xv4 said:
Sorry. Texas goes farther south than Florida. Brownsville shows to be lower than Key West. Miami is lower on the map than Corpus Christi.

I think that Key West has the southern-most point in the continental US.

Chris

backhoeboogie":325slicn said:
Mile Marker 1 on US1 in Key West claims to be the Southernmost point in the US. Are they wrong?

wt16072.jpg

Here's what D.R. was talking about.

Chris

interesting

aunt - ant
caramel - carml
creek - meek (wash!)
paJAMas
route - either
cot/caught - same
you all (sometimes y'all)
sub sandwich (hoagie at the Hoagie House, Po Boy at the La restaurants, grinder one time on Vancouver Island)
crawdad and crayfish
tennis shoes (hightops, specifically)
frosting, usually
sack, usually
drinking fountain
soda or the brand or flavor
TP or toilet papering
no special word for night before Halloween
19 is wierd - I would call it a drive-through and I sure would go if there were any around here
pillbug (and sow bug) roly poly bugs are dung beetles! who made up this test?

38%dixie. 4th generation Arizonan, and most of my other ancesters from Mo, Tx, and Al! Must be all the dang easterners movin' out here!

65% Dixie, I've come a long way since Fla boy invited me down from NY in 1987. jp