Y'all been spraying?

Help Support CattleToday:

ClinchValley

Reaction score
Would now be a good time to spray in hopes of having some clover come hay time? I cut one field too short last summer, getting lots of weed sprouts. Giving good weather here first of the week. Warm Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Thought about spraying Sunday if it will dry off a bit. If not, Monday. Which would give a full day to two before rain might return.

Y'all been spraying yet?

Forage has gotten a lot better the last couple years. Hoping that soon i will be able to spray ever other year. (Pipe dream?) I really don't like the stuff.

It is definitely that. I'd go ahead if it would help the clover come out. By the time i got around to spraying last year i ended up having absolutely zero clover in hay.

Not yet...been shoveling snow. :)
2 more inches today and still coming down

suppose to be above 60 here for over a week, and now would be a good time.. But the ground wouldn't hold up.. Its rotten as a old apple...clover is coming on now.. Spring has snuck up on us...I suppose you have the wild butter cup like we do,and is easy killed right now..

ClinchValley":2jt03r2c said:
Would now be a good time to spray in hopes of having some clover come hay time? I cut one field too short last summer, getting lots of weed sprouts. Giving good weather here first of the week. Warm Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Thought about spraying Sunday if it will dry off a bit. If not, Monday. Which would give a full day to two before rain might return.

Y'all been spraying yet?

Forage has gotten a lot better the last couple years. Hoping that soon i will be able to spray ever other year. (Pipe dream?) I really don't like the stuff.

Better look close you will have clover and weeds at the same time. I have crimson, yuchia,and Persian clover coming up now along with a yellow weed that I think might be called buttercup.

It has been plenty warm enough the last bit and they are calling for more to come. But the wind has been blowing nonstop.

There's so much clover that's came up that i'm considering not spraying now. Maybe just spray from the 4 wheeler in the bad places.

Spring sure does seem to have came early, no doubt. Green grass sure does something for my soul.

Latest posts