Ya Like Smokies?

Help Support CattleToday:

blackcowz":20c4py8m said:
aussie_cowgirl":20c4py8m said:
Wewild":20c4py8m said:
Maybe it's the picture but his front feet look like they need maintenance.

I think something happened to him. I can't remember what Keren said but his hooves were only like that because of an injury maybe...

No, it's because this picture was taken at a show where he was the champion bull. Thanks to photoshop, he's now in a grass field in the sun. No halter or nothin'. Plus, his hooves got set a little deep in the grass. Make sense now?

No I mean the picture of the bull KEREN posted. Not yours.

OK what is he? I thought chi were white with black hide, so what makes him off color?

Not even close to a murray. He's out of a pure Angus bull, and out of a cow that is a club calf bull bred to a Charolais. He ends up being something like 4% Chi. Don't ask me how their registry deal works.

blackcowz":1ttkknl4 said:
Not even close to a murray. He's out of a pure Angus bull, and out of a cow that is a club calf bull bred to a Charolais. He ends up being something like 4% Chi. Don't ask me how their registry deal works.

Heinz 57 ?

Jovid":2l0ifftv said:
blackcowz":2l0ifftv said:

Heinz 57 ?

That is what it sounds like to me.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":2o6tm2vx said:
Jovid":2o6tm2vx said:
blackcowz":2o6tm2vx said:

Heinz 57 ?

That is what it sounds like to me.

Closish to that. Well, his grandsire on the bottom side of the pedigree is a mix if Chi, Maine, and maybe a couple other things.

Sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention and thought that we were talking about Karen's Murray Greys.

Looks like a Squaremeater to me but I am far from an expert on anything. :D

So he is a mixed breed of what? AND YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT USING HIM ON CATTLE( WHAT KIND) ?? As I see him the should have been cut, terimial cross...HE IS A MUTT...

alftn":1cssf49y said:
So he is a mixed breed of what? AND YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT USING HIM ON CATTLE( WHAT KIND) ?? As I see him the should have been cut, terimial cross...HE IS A MUTT...

Welp, here's an update. I was gonna try and market some semen on this bull for the owner as I run a custom A.I. deal. Well, to be frank, sales didn't go so hot. Looks like this bull WON'T be used on any cows. But I do agree. I'd love to have had him for a show steer, but I guess we'll see how he turns out.

blackcowz":13bv5r1x said:
alftn":13bv5r1x said:

Welp, here's an update. I was gonna try and market some semen on this bull for the owner as I run a custom A.I. deal. Well, to be frank, sales didn't go so hot. Looks like this bull WON'T be used on any cows. But I do agree. I'd love to have had him for a show steer, but I guess we'll see how he turns out.

Just be glad you didnt sale semen on this bull. He would have made you a laughing stock.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":2kk0kgwf said:
blackcowz":2kk0kgwf said:
alftn":2kk0kgwf said:

Just be glad you didnt sale semen on this bull. He would have made you a laughing stock.

Prolly some truth to that.

aussie_cowgirl":2x3vyk9w said:
His female relative photos are great though.

Won't disagree. On the other hand, the programs that offer the most added value for my seedstock and commercial calves alike isn't exactly headed in that direction. You can tell those cows haven't missed much feed. I sure like the look, but then again, Heat Wave looks good in his Denver picture too. :???:

blackcowz":2di99pcw said:
aussie_cowgirl":2di99pcw said:
His female relative photos are great though.

Won't disagree. On the other hand, the programs that offer the most added value for my seedstock and commercial calves alike isn't exactly headed in that direction. You can tell those cows haven't missed much feed. I sure like the look, but then again, Heat Wave looks good in his Denver picture too. :???:

It's just a game and heat wave sure works if your playing.

Kerens bull either has 6 legs, or he is big enough to hide an entire cow behind him. I am guessing the latter.