Y’all are gonna hate me

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you know the muffin man..the muffin man, the muffin man? Do you know the muffin man that lives on Drury Lane?

When my daughter was young, her grandmother gave her a barbie doll that came with a cassette player and 1 cassette. (of course, you could buy more) The cassette had 3 songs on it and they were all horrible but the worst was "BARBIE AND THE ROCKERS!" theme. A Loud, flat tinny sound and she played it constantly. Never have I wanted more to smash something or for something to wear out, but NOOOO. That miserable thing outlasted any cassette and player I've ever seen and is probably today still making someone somewhere miserable. what did break?
The dinky little headset... so the only way she could hear it was on speaker...

barbie.jpg

I can still hear it. BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!

One of the things I made sure to implement with my son, from my childhood, is watching westerns. On Sundays, especially with nasty weather like today, I always try to have a fun day. If it's movies, or fishing, or what ever. My son always enjoyed waking up, making pancakes, and watching movies. He's 16 and we still do it. His "cartoons" were Disney movies and that was usually to go to bed to.

My brother does the cartoons. Those kids get a rude awakening when they come to the country and get told they don't control the TV. 😄

Do you know the muffin man..the muffin man, the muffin man? Do you know the muffin man that lives on Drury Lane?

When my daughter was young, her grandmother gave her a barbie doll that came with a cassette player and 1 cassette. (of course, you could buy more) The cassette had 3 songs on it and they were all horrible but the worst was "BARBIE AND THE ROCKERS!" theme. A Loud, flat tinny sound and she played it constantly. Never have I wanted more to smash something or for something to wear out, but NOOOO. That miserable thing outlasted any cassette and player I've ever seen and is probably today still making someone somewhere miserable. what did break?

View attachment 13758

BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
But you would give anything to have those days back, am I right?

It's so funny to trace kids entertainment over the years.

I was Looney Toons, Ninja Turtles, GI Joes, Bambi, etc. The good stuff. Some of the Disney movies like Lion King were toward the end. My younger cousins were Barney era. The dark years.😄 Luckly, my son was Disney Pixar and Mickey Mouse Club House. The Pixar stuff is pretty good, even for adults.

I don't recognize any of this stuff now my nephew and niece watch. It's all educational and PC, it's brutal for adults.

Maybe I'm the only one, but every once in a while when I'm watching TV alone at night, I'll put on one of the shows we watched when the our boys were babies. I hated them shows back then, but I do miss those days. Sometimes.
You are not alone…….I promise!

View attachment 13758

BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!
BARBIE, AND THE ROCKERS!

You are the man!

Jesus, GB, why did you do that to me? I thought we was all loving in kind, and sheet like that.

Ain't it awesome to have a good time with your daughters?

My youngest daughter and I bond over Meateater and Monte Walsh. She watches the Barbie and Spirit while I am driving.

Barney. Hated him and his obnoxious, nasal song that made me want to punch him in the nose!!!! Dang purple Dinasaur. And then I saw Charles Barkley beat up Barney on Saturday Night Live. I never laughed so hard, yet I felt vengeance had been served.
Your a violent little thing TC.

Ken

Latest posts