X'ed Firestone off the do business with list

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I call Firestone to buy16 truck tires I like... They said we have them but there 55 mins away. I say ok I'll run down to get them they say they will hold them under my account till I get there. I arrive they pull the tires out tell ask how I'm paying I said debit he says oh ok I need to see your driver licence I said umm.. why he says we need a copy of your license if you use credit card I said I'm using a debit card he said same thing I explained to him the difference. Then said well last time you paid cash why are you paying debit now anyway.. I said why does it matter as long as I pay for them. I said I tell you what since you think so highly of your tires you keep them and shove them up your A.. this evening and walked out.

I don't see a problem either. Heck, I usually thank them when they ask for an id because in so doing they are protecting me from identity theft.

Jogeephus":2x4fsck1 said:
I don't see a problem either. Heck, I usually thank them when they ask for an id because in so doing they are protecting me from identity theft.

Same here. That's SOP for a couple of the suppliers we use, for landscape materials. :|

Most probably wont agree with me as I see which is fine.. However, If I am putting in a debit card using my pin why do you need to see my license ? I am buying tires... Not cigarettes or Alcohol or a firearm. I am buying rubber. if I were using a credit card or running it through as credit that's a different story. I was going to type in my pin. Sure I could have showed them my ID but its the principal. If I am doing business with you it needs to be quick and without BS no extra steps... Next they will be taking thumb prints to get your oil changed. I am about seamless transactions with least amount of red tape bs... I spend a substantial amount each month on debit card and no other company has asked for a drivers license if they do I will find a vendor who is not anal. I came home ordered my tires for cheaper than I was getting them from the store and delivered to my house. If these companies continue to add red tape there will be a lot more going to online ordering and lose business. They will learn one way or the other.

and when that little gal from Indonesia you ordered from decided to use your card to book a trip to cancun because the booking agency refused to verify who they are you could get hit with substantial fees and time getting your money back. I will not use a debt card on line.

I'm sort of with Sky. If I know my PIN number that should be good enough for them. Better yet, just whip out a credit card and allow them to absorb the fee associated with the charge. Never had anyone want "ID" when I'm using a CC.

Im seen fraud first hand with an employee not checking ID on a customer and the owner of the card disputes the charge and then the company that took it gets charged back that amount , the CC or debit/bank company does not eat all the loss.

I'm no fan of firestone but id fraud is a huge deal. These criminals don't even have to have the ball's to break in your house. And can do a huge amount of damage. I'll gladly show my id.

Their is nothing 100% safe in transactions other than just using cash if they want to play it safe then announce you only take cash.

I can see both sides of the coin on this. I was buying roofing materials from a friend's company and had to show my DL. :D
And toting large sums of cash around to make purchases with isn't ideal either.

I'm with sky too. I don't think I've ever had to show my ID with a debit card purchase where I typed in my PIN. That seems pretty stupid to me and I would take my business elsewhere. I totally understand ID with credit card, makes sense, not a debit card.

I'm not showing ID if I'm buying tires with cash either.

TennesseeTuxedo":2szdr14i said:
Kinda temperamental Sky.

Or did you have your license revoked?

Well you know they caught me ridin dirty and snatched my license till I pay my court fee's you know typical stuff trying to hold me down. :D

Knowing the PIN means nothing. Thieves set up fake accounts every day where they can get a card in your name and set their own PIN. That's the reason for asking for ID.

Hey Sky I got some bad news they just passed a law saying you have to show your ID to buy cheese.

I have never had to show my ID for debit. Stick the stupid chip in fight it till it accepts the chip then enter pin.

wacocowboy":1f5uuq5c said:
Hey Sky I got some bad news they just passed a law saying you have to show your ID to buy cheese.

I have never had to show my ID for debit. Stick the stupid chip in fight it till it accepts the chip then enter pin.

Waco - Had it been cheese I would have flashed that sucker out faster than lightning.

Latest posts