WWII Japanese relocation camp

Help Support CattleToday:

With the bombing of Pearl I totally agree with the camp's. Many were not American citizen's until we knew where their loyalities lie. Disagree with interning American citizen's.
Should be doing the same thing with our towel wearing buddies.

When we left california the camp at Manzanar just had a sign (fairly new) telling what it was. It looked just like the rest of the desert except for the stone gate house and the roads that ran through it

There was a fair sized community of Japanese truck farms where I grew up. When they were removed to the relocation camps the nieghbors worked their farms for them and kept their taxes paid until the war was over so they could come back to their farms. While in school I worked at times for some of those truck farmers. Even as a kid growing up you could see the bond between those people and their neighbors.

backhoeboogie":14dgq2im said:
snake67":14dgq2im said:
I hear tell the present day US government has prepared a few of these for modern day use ......

Bez

Not just rumor either.

The executive orders to allow government to "use" these facilities have been on the books over 30 years. We got an idiot in the WH now though that might try it.

Caustic Burno":4s91kw1j said:
With the bombing of Pearl I totally agree with the camp's. Many were not American citizen's until we knew where their loyalities lie. Disagree with interning American citizen's.

Most were citizens but since it was good ol' FDR everything was OK.
Of 127,000 Japanese Americans living in the continental United States at the time of the Pearl Harbor attack, 112,000 resided on the West Coast. About 80,000 were nisei (literal translation: "second generation"; Japanese people born in the United States and holding American citizenship) and sansei (literal translation: "third generation"; the sons or daughters of nisei). The rest were issei (literal translation: "first generation"; immigrants born in Japan who were ineligible for U.S. citizenship).

Ryder":xbxrxoll said:
backhoeboogie":xbxrxoll said:
snake67":xbxrxoll said:
I hear tell the present day US government has prepared a few of these for modern day use ......

Bez

Not just rumor either.
But WHO are they planning to put in them?

Hard to say - but I have more than a few (close) friends serving in your various militaries and we have discussed this issue in a very serious manner more than once. I am reasonably well connected south of the 49'th.

I am not a strong conspiracy guy but you can start here for fun .......

http://www.infowars.com/leaked-u-s-army ... n-america/

http://www.examiner.com/article/is-the- ... camps-here

http://www.globalresearch.ca/preparing- ... rica/12793

Lots and lots and lots out there - and usually where there is smoke there is at least a small fire

All you have to do is LOOK!

Something most people will never do until it directly affects them on a personal basis - and by then it is usually far too late.

Read and heed:

Success is the important thing. Propaganda is not a matter for average minds, but rather a matter for practitioners. It is not supposed to be lovely or theoretically correct. I do not care if I give wonderful, aesthetically elegant speeches, or speak so that women cry. The point of a political speech is to persuade people of what we think right. I speak differently in the provinces than I do in Berlin, and when I speak in Bayreuth, I say different things than I say in the Pharus Hall. That is a matter of practice, not of theory. We do not want to be a movement of a few straw brains, but rather a movement that can conquer the broad masses. Propaganda should be popular, not intellectually pleasing. It is not the task of propaganda to discover intellectual truths.

The above comes from:

Speech by Joseph Goebbels on 9 January 1928 to an audience of party members at the "Hochschule für Politik", a series of training talks for Nazi party members in Berlin

See any possible parallels?

Not just your country either - it happens all over the world. You simply need to be aware of it to understand it and therefore be "in the know".

I truly do bless some of the people that taught me those intel courses! LOL And some of them were from the US Army and Air Force - great folks. One lady still uses this quote from above in all her classes - and you can easily find it on Wiki quotes. Very powerful lesson.

Sorry for the hijack - I am out of here - am at work! Must give the tax payer his money's worth.

Cheers

Bez

Something most people will never do until it directly affects them on a personal basis - and by then it is usually far too late

I call it "the ever decreasing circle syndrome". People just keep drawing those circles always closer and closer to provide a buffer of isolation--next thing you know, a map of their region looks like a target with thier house the bullseye.

Our County Fairgrounds used to be a Japanese Internment camp, then they turned it into a German POW camp.

TexasBred":y03fc9w5 said:
Caustic Burno":y03fc9w5 said:

Of 127,000 Japanese Americans living in the continental United States at the time of the Pearl Harbor attack, 112,000 resided on the West Coast. About 80,000 were nisei (literal translation: "second generation"; Japanese people born in the United States and holding American citizenship) and sansei (literal translation: "third generation"; the sons or daughters of nisei). The rest were issei (literal translation: "first generation"; immigrants born in Japan who were ineligible for U.S. citizenship).

We have been running internment camp's for over a hundred year's called reservation's.

Caustic Burno":6cl4zmqm said:
TexasBred":6cl4zmqm said:
Caustic Burno":6cl4zmqm said:

We have been running internment camp's for over a hundred year's called reservation's.

Yup

Caustic Burno":21qnfcvx said:
TexasBred":21qnfcvx said:
Caustic Burno":21qnfcvx said:

Yes sir you got that right....along with at least one death march it seems.

Caustic Burno":1nlx3pou said:
Wife's great great grandma might be one more great was on that march at 5 year's old.
She still has the land grant paper's around here somewhere.

CB you need to locate those and put them in the family bible or better yet "lock box" just for historical purposes.

I found a site that might interest some of you. I didn't know that there so many POW camps in Oklahoma or the Continental US. Click on the link and it should take you to the site.

http://rebelcherokee.labdiva.com/okkiowa.html

Then page down to "WWII POW Camps" There is a lot of interesting information there.

If you go down to the "POW Camps County Locations" at the bottom of the article you will find about 28 counties in Oklahoma that had camps, quite interesting.

Not exactly something we need to spend money on to advertise an offensive part of our history. Being married to a Japanese immigrant, it's a little close.

I recently moved to rural Oregon, there is also another internment camp nearby.

Latest posts