WW3 Could we win?

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":19dh9neu said:
TexasBred":19dh9neu said:
Caustic Burno":19dh9neu said:
There were no reason for one American to have died in Korea or Vietnam TB.
One thing to defend your country another to stick our nose where it doesn't belong.
If the Japan hadn't bombed Pearl we wouldn't have got in WWII.
Americans had it right up till then not to stick our nose where it didn't belong.
TB your just a milk and honey sopper I
have no problem in a righteous fight.
A member of my family has fought in every war from the Revolutionary to this one for your freedoms.
I really don't think all of them were real bright either especially an idiot brother. We had no business in Vietnam or Korea. We actually came out better loosing in Vietnam.
Korea was a draw and have been dealing with the idiots for the past 70 years.
Actually you know nothing about what I've done personally CB especially in last '60's. You're trying to live on the actions of your ancestors but didn't do a dam think yourself because "I didnt' agree with it". I'd make sure I was armed all the time too. BTW we did not lose in Vietnam. We kicked their asses all over the country.
You must have been an alternative universe we lost in Vietnam.
Had to run to get out with our tail between our legs.
Anyone that volunteered for Vietnam was an idiot.
Personally all I know about you is what you have stated your bunch came up from down south.
I am not hiding behind ancestors siblings or children serving just stating fact.
Has your family served in one of our wars?
What have they placed upon the alter of freedom ?
Vietnam had nothing to do with our freedom any more than Korea.
CB you may go sit beside Mohammed Ali. He didn't accept it either.

And yes I've been doing some questioning about my "ancestors". Seems we had quite a few in the war between the states(for the confederacy no less), WWI, WW2 (one was POW), Korea, Vietnam and then cousins etc. in the Middle East and three still on active duty (Volunteers). But they can tell their own stories. What they did does not make me any more or less.

TB he was right on that one any idiot signing up to line George R Browns pockets so LBJ could pay old George back with the blood of thousands of American boys.
Your just too stupid to realize it.
The boys that got drafted and did their duty I respect for that. The ones that joined like my older brother I see nothing but idiots supporting another democratic war.

Caustic Burno":25dz2bxe said:
TB he was right on that one any idiot signing up to line George R Browns pockets so LBJ could pay old George back with the blood of thousands of American boys.
Your just too stupid to realize it.
The boys that got drafted and did their duty I respect for that. The ones that joined like my older brother I see nothing but idiots supporting another democratic war.

That would be the confederacy. :mrgreen: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: And they started it. !!!

Better go back and study your history as decades of democratic in fighting over power was a sore that finally festered to popping. The Democratic Party is evil has been evil and will continue to be so.Lincoln would have never been elected had the Democratic Party hadn't fractured and ran three candidates. Andrew Jackson founded the modern party.
The party of slavery founded the KKK
passed the Jim Crow Laws the Great Society.
Go back and look up leading democrats that were anti civil rights.
Evil to the bone.
Polk Mexican American War
Woodrow Wilson WWI
FDR WWII
Truman Korea
Kennedy Vietnam
TB I whole heartedly agree with
you.

Could we win, depends on our President . If we get another one that wishes to micromanage, like LBJ. Nope, will get our butts kicked.

Way it should be done, Bush senior. Let your generals fight the war, not some paperpusher in a think tank. Where did Bush screw up, stuck his nose into the war and stopped it too early. Norman Schwarzkopf was about to exterminate the Republican Guard , many of those folks are Isis today.

houstoncutter":2cdh4ctq said:
Could we win, depends on our President . If we get another one that wishes to micromanage, like LBJ. Nope, will get our butts kicked.

Way it should be done, Bush senior. Let your generals fight the war, not some paperpusher in a think tank. Where did Bush screw up, stuck his nose into the war and stopped it too early. Norman Schwarzkopf was about to exterminate the Republican Guard , many of those folks are Isis today.
Bush and Colin Powell.
Norman was ready to clean the whole mess out, but, oh no, we had to play nice.

Ryder":3110u6cf said:
houstoncutter":3110u6cf said:

Bush and Colin Powell.

We forget that the entire purpose of this "war" was to liberate Kuwait from Iraqi occupation, not the destruction of Iraq. And we did.

TexasBred":af59i7bc said:
Ryder":af59i7bc said:
houstoncutter":af59i7bc said:

Bush and Colin Powell.

We forget that the entire purpose of this "war" was to liberate Kuwait from Iraqi occupation, not the destruction of Iraq. And we did.
True.
But when you have the top hand-play it.

Ryder":kbxkgfgx said:
TexasBred":kbxkgfgx said:
Ryder":kbxkgfgx said:
Bush and Colin Powell.

True.
But when you have the top hand-play it.
Sr. knew chaos would erupt if the Iraqi strongman was removed. Too bad Jr. didn't.

Okay, I will go against the majority of the thread here. I dont think we would win. If you included N Korea, China, Russia, India etc we dont have enough boots on the ground. We sold out our manufacturing and steel production, we wont last long without trade which would shut down in a "world war". China is not on our side. Our society has been raised into a bunch of snowflakes who cant even be called what they are without a mental freak out, they wont support war. They are more concerned about global warming then terrorist or N. Korea. The draft would be dodged more then in Vietnam, heck we have football players kneeling during the national anthem. There is no public support nor national pride needed to sustain a major war effort. In WW2 people here, ladies and children, contributed to help the war effort. Now it would just be protest, but on a larger scale then the 60's with much more at stake, the fate of the nation. There are violent protest over a legal presidential election, imagine when a draft is enacted on these buttercups. This country has been poisoned by the garbage starting in schools and finished off by the media and politicians. My prayer is that we stay out and let europe fight it out. We will not be a major world power forever, thats just reality, my hope is that we will sustain our sovereignty as a nation. At the moral decay and division of society and innevitable economic emplosion that will bring hyper inflation when our creditors come to collect, that is questionable. Just prepare for you and your family. The next world war will be like nothing we have ever seen. A government hacker can shut down the whole power grid. All kinds of things are possible with modern warfare. Pray for salvation.

ChrisB":2823zp4t said:
People like to complain about the younger generation; always have always will. But if you really get out and look around fast food joints seem to be run by kids. Most stores have high school kids working part time as a big part of their workforce. Construction sites have many young people just out of school. The majority of kids today aren't lazy or dumb. Some just haven't been exposed to some things so they haven't learned them yet.
Chris B, I disagree with the lazy. The entitled propoganda that has been pushed in the school system has made a lot of this new generation feel they dont need to work too hard or they deserve $2o an hour and free health care for taking a couple to go orders in a restuarant and then hiding in the back and playing on facebook while on the clock. I have employed 1oo's of the new generation. There are some good ones, but most of those that come from hard lives and not been spoiled

Texas Bred ,
If our only purpose was the liberate Kuwait, that could have been achieved without putting troops on the ground. A total blockade of all oil leaving Iraq and Kuwait could have easily been achieved with warships in area and destruction of pipelines. If they cant sell it they are screwed.

houstoncutter":1odof4jq said:
Texas Bred ,
If our only purpose was the liberate Kuwait, that could have been achieved without putting troops on the ground. A total blockade of all oil leaving Iraq and Kuwait could have easily been achieved with warships in area and destruction of pipelines. If they cant sell it they are screwed.
I'm sure we could all come up with different ways of handling it. They had pipelines going to Iran, Turkey and Syria, not just their ports..... But we didn't go over their the first time to conquer Iraq. 2001 was a different story. Wonder why they didn't just blockade them then??